The Nikon CoolPix P100 combines high-speed shooting capability and an enormous focal range in a compact 'bridge-style' digicam. Sporting the low profile of a compact DSLR, the Nikon P100 can knock out up to 10 full-resolution images-per-second of subjects close and far through the P100's fixed 26-678mm equivalent lens. For applications that require even faster capture rates, the P100 can also shoot up to 120 fps at 1.1MP. Basically, if you can see it, you can shoot it.
The P100 utilizes backside illumination technology that enables the camera sensor to capture and display more detail and tone than conventional CMOS sensors. Combined with Nikon's Backlit Scene HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, the images captured by the diminutively-sized CoolPix P100 will truly blow you away.
Video shooters will appreciate the P100's ability to capture dynamic 1080p HD video at 30 fps complete with stereo sound and HDMI output.
Other features found in the CoolPix P100 include - in addition to its optical viewfinder - a bright 3" (460,000-dot) LCD, a 5-Way VR image stabilization system for maintaining sharp pictures under the lowest of lighting conditions, and ISO sensitivities up to 3200. The P100 also features Nikon's Smart Portrait System, which makes easy work out of taking flattering portraits, along with a host of in-camera shooting modes and retouching tools. And, for macro aficionados, the Nikon CoolPix P100 can focus down to 0.4".
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by sensor shift minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Hybrid VR Image Stabilization by combining sensor shift and electronic stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement
- High ISO up to 3200 at full resolution capability helps give you better results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects
- Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
- Smile Timer and Blink Proof makes sure you'll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots fives pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subject's eyes remain open
- Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits