The Nikon CoolPix S3000 offers a 4x, 27-108mm equivalent zoom range coupled with 12.0 megapixels of resolving power, and a bright 2.7" LCD.
To ensure sharp, usable pictures under any and all lighting conditions, the CoolPix S3000 features a 4-way VR optical image stabilization system, the ability to boost ISO ratings up to 3200, and Nikon's Best Shot Selector (BSS) that quickly captures 10 exposures and automatically edits and saves the sharpest of the batch.
Other image-enhancing features found the Nikon CoolPix S3000 include an EXPEED Image Processor, macro shooting down to 3.1" from the front lens element, D-Lighting for optimized image quality , a Quick Retouch feature, 16 Scene modes, and 5 color options for special effects.
- Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement
- High ISO up to 3200 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects
- Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
- Smile Timer and Blink Proof makes sure you'll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subject's eyes remain open.
- Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits.