The Train-n-Track Motor Drive with Pre-drilled Meade LightBridge Telescope features a 12" LightBridge scope from Meade that is pre-drilled to accommodate the included TNT motorized tracking system from JMI.
The Train-n-Track (TNT) system is a basic alt-az motor drive with adjustable or trainable tracking. It's designed as an affordable alternative to computerized 'Go-To' tracking systems. With the TNT, the observer varies the tracking speed; it's designed for easy viewing without having to constantly move the scope to keep up with the rotation of the earth. It is not designed for astrophotography or for long-term tracking. The Train-n-Track is built in the tradition of the Dobsonian telescope - the most affordable option when considering large-aperture telescopes.
Operating the TNT system requires a short 30 second 'training' period that allows the scope to track for 10 minutes. The TNT's motor drive provides adjustable speeds on both axes, along with high-speed centering and one-touch re-positioning of the altitude tangent arm. The friction drives permit moving the scope by hand without having to unlock a clutch first.
Featuring aluminum and magnesium fluoride coated diffraction-limited optics; the 12" LightBridge is a big telescope that travels easily. This truss tube Dobsonian also sports a 2.0" focuser with a locking tensioning knob that gives the viewer complete control. This telescope has been pre-drilled for the purpose of mounting JMI's TNT motorized tracking system.
The LightBridge scope is a Newtonian-type reflector with a ground-based roller bearing mount. Truss rods have been employed to connect the reflecting mirror & focuser housings. The truss tube construction is extremely transportable, durable, and reliable.
TNT - Train-n-Track - System
- Dual azimuth motors
- Spring-loaded azimuth motor bracket
- Altitude motor with lead screw assembly
- Quick-adjust altitude tangent arm and motor assembly
Meade 12.0" LightBridge Telescope
- 12" Truss tube Dobsonian scope
- Pre-drilled for mounting the TNT system
- PC-compatible AutoStar Suite software package
- Crayford-style 2.0" focuser with 1.25" adapter
- Steel RA roller bearings for effortless movements
- Premium 26mm QX WA eyepiece: 2.0" barrel, 70° AFOV
- Built-in eyepiece tray holds one 2.0" and three 1.25" oculars
- Primary mirror cooling fan shortens time to thermal equilibrium
- Red-dot finderscope features 4 reticles and variable brightness control
- Powered by a rechargeable battery, 110VAC/60Hz adapter/charger included
- Diffraction limited optics: crisp well-detailed views with excellent contrast