Well-suited to landscape shooting, the 82mm Thin Hi-Lux Warming UV Filter from Singh-Ray can be used to block UV light while also serving as a protective barrier against dust or water. Thanks to its +18 mired shift value, it can reduce the bluish cast of daylight and add a slight warmth to the entire image, which makes it particularly useful at high altitudes and when using fill flash. The Hi-Lux also features a 1.4x filter factor for a half-stop reduction in exposure.
Made of optical glass with an anodized aluminum frame, this filter is designed to be durable without causing any loss in image quality. The frame has a thickness of 4.6mm, with a thin profile that helps avoid vignetting when it is used with wide-angle lenses. Included with the product is a leatherette pouch which can be used for storage and safe transport.
- Glass protective filter that absorbs ultraviolet light
- Reduces blue cast commonly present when shooting under daylight, adding a slight warm tone to the image
- Rated to have a mired shift value of +18
- 1.4x filter factor for a reduction in exposure of 0.5 stops
- Anodized aluminum frame with a thin design that helps avoid vignetting in wide-angle lenses
- Leatherette pouch included for storing your filter