This Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum-Alloy Tripod Kit from Vanguard supports up to 15.4 lb, measures 28.1" when folded, and includes an SBH-100 ball head with QS-39 Quick Release Plate. Each of its 3-section legs features an independent spread as well as flip locks for fast deployment. Together, the three legs can be can be positioned for a minimum height of 56" to a maximum height of 68.1" with the center column fully raised. Foam covers on each of the legs provide a secure, comfortable grip while moving the tripod, and rubber feet each with a twist-out, metal spike further enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces, including soft and uneven soil.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the QS-39 Quick Release Plate. The quick release plate can be attached or removed from the integrated clamp located at the top of the head's ball-and-socket joint by tightening or loosening the clamp's knurled, locking knob. The quick release plate features a rubberized, non-slip platform while two built-in bubble levels are located along the edges of the clamp.
By loosening the ball head's primary locking knob, the head's ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Toward the side of the ball head opposite the primary locking knob is a secondary locking knob, which controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum which enables 90° of upwards or downwards tilt that can be locked into place. Additionally, the center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation. With the ability to push and pull the center column, those tilt and swivel movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom. This allows an attached camera to be easily raised toward an elevated subject or over a scene. A camera that is placed toward the end of center column can be positioned perpendicular to the tripod, and extended past the tripod's legs, which is particularly useful for copy stand or macro photography. For subjects along the ground, the center column can also be used to obtain low angles while the tripod's user is positioned comfortably behind the camera.
A carry bag is included for storage or transport.
General Use and Handling
- Supports up to 15.4 lb
- Push-and-pull rapid center column for rapid positioning
- Can be set to a minimum height of 56" to a maximum height of 68.1" with the center column fully raised
- For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables up to 90° of upwards or downwards tilt
- Center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation
- Tilt, swivel, as well as push-and-pull movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom
- Hexagonal shaft design provides center column with increased torsional rigidity
- Aluminum-alloy legs each feature 3 sections, flip locks for fast deployment, and can be independently spread
- Legs can be locked at 25°, 50°, or 80° angles
- Foam covers on each of the legs provide a secure and comfortable grip
- Rubber feet with twist-out, metal spikes further enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces, including soft and uneven soil
- Built-in tripod bubble level, ballast hook, and 1/4"-20 mount for direct attachment of accessories that feature 1/4"-20 female accessory threads
- 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 mount adapter for attachment of accessories that feature 3/8"-16 female accessory threads
- Weighs 5.4 lb, measures 28.1" when folded
- Magnesium-alloy ball head with quick release clamp
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 1/4"-20 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Large, primary locking knob with knurled surface allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob with knurled surface allows head to rotate 360°
- Integrated clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with included QS-39 Quick Release Plate
- Two built-in bubble levels along the edges of the clamp