Combining a true condenser capsule, three selectable polar patterns, and ultralow-noise circuitry, the Rode NT2-A large-diaphragm studio microphone offers a clear and smooth sonic signature along with versatile pickup responses, making it ideal for all sorts of voice and instrument sources at home or in the studio. Plus, its bundle of accessories—shockmount, pop filter, XLR cable, and dust cover—help the NT2-A serve vocalists, rappers, and voice-over artists especially well.
With low noise being a top priority of the NT2-A, its 1" gold-sputtered capsule is internally shock-mounted to further isolate it from handling and vibration noise. Enhancing its professional character are the onboard pad (-5 or -10 dB) and high-pass filter (40 or 80 Hz) settings, which help avoid distortion and bass builup. Since it can run on 24 or 48 VDC phantom power, the NT2-A can be used with a variety of professional and entry-level XLR mic preamps.
Large-Diaphragm True Condenser
Three Polar Patterns
48V Phantom Power
Features at a Glance
- True condenser (externally biased)
- Large 1" HF1 capsule with gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Cardioid, figure-8, and omnidirectional polar patterns
- Self-noise of only 7 dBA
- Transformerless JFET active circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- Runs on phantom power
- Internally shock-mounted capsule
- Includes SM6 shockmount, pop filter, and dust cover