This 057 Magnesium Ball Head from Manfrotto features an integrated RC5 quick release cam lock and a 501PL Quick Release Plate. Compatible quick release plates can removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent a compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 057 Magnesium Ball Head with 501PL Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 33.1 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening the 057's primary locking knob, its ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Toward the ball head's base is a secondary locking knob that controls the ability to rotate the head 360°. An additional knob opposite the secondary locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Finally, a two-position slide-switch at the base of the ball-and-socket joint allows it to be tilted down to either a 90° or a 103° angle before it is locked into place using the primary locking knob. The ability to tilt the ball-and-socket joint down to angle beyond 90° can be used to quickly level a camera placed on this 057 Magnesium Ball Head without having to adjust the tripod the ball head is connected to.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 or 3/16"-20 mount can be connected to the 501PL Quick Release Plate which measures 2.0 x 3.5 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface.
057 Magnesium Ball Head
- 33.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° or 103° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated RC5 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Two-position slide-switch at the base of the ball-and-socket joint allows it to be tilted down to either a 90° or a 103° angle before it is locked into place using the primary locking knob
- Two bubble levels for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
501PL Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC5 quick release cam lock
- Measures 2.0 x 3.5 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mount
- Removable, Anti-Twist Index Pin
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction