The 6x48 ACOG Riflescope (Matte Black) from Trijicon combines enhanced long-range capability with short-range target acquisition using the Bindon Aiming Concept. The large objective yields excellent twilight performance; a significant factor when light is lean and the target is camouflaged. The combination of a large exit pupil and Trijicon's proprietary reticle illumination system makes for quite a formidable sighting system. The target may choose to run; but hiding - now that could prove to be quite difficult.
This ACOG is configured with a Flattop Rail Mount as well as a Picatinny-compatible top-mount, and a dual illuminated green chevron reticle that's calibrated for .50 BMG ammunition.
- Broad-band multicoated lenses enhance clarity and increase light transmission by minimizing flare, glare, reflections
- Housing: forged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
- Waterproof: nitrogen purged and fully sealed for all-weather reliability. Submersible to 500 ft / 150 m with adjuster caps on or 50 ft / 15 m without adjuster caps on
<i>Use and Handling</i>
- Flat-top rail adapter: specific to the 6x48 ACOG, compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny rails, features two Colt-style thumbscrews and an additional top mounted Picatinny rail
- BAC: The Bindon Aiming Concept was devised by Trijicon's founder, Glyn Bindon. The BAC method of aiming with both eyes open ensures a far superior sense of balance, and a wider field-of-view. Combining these benefits with a magnified Trijicon sight gives you a considerable advantage over your target
- Green chevron reticle: calibrated for .50 BMG - an illuminated chevron indicates the exact point of aim. Stadia at 3 and 9 o'clock offer hold-off points for moving targets. The 6 o'clock stadia features hold-over hash-marks for distances up to 1800 m
- Dual illumination: 24/7/365 - battery-free tritium/fiber-optic technology provides the chevron with a highly-visible green glow