The 6x48 ACOG Machine Gun Optic Riflescope (Matte Black) from Trijicon combines enhanced long-range capability with short-range target acquisition using the Bindon Aiming Concept. The large objective yields excellent twilight performance; a significant factor when light is lean and the target is camouflaged. The combination of a large exit pupil and Trijicon's proprietary reticle illumination system makes for quite a formidable sighting system. The target may choose to run; but hiding - now that could prove to be quite difficult.
This ACOG is configured with a GDI Mount with Dual Auto-Locking Quick Detach Levers as well as a 1913 Picatinny top-rail. It has a dual illuminated green dot horseshoe reticle calibrated for .50 BMG ammunition out to 2000 meters. The dual illumination system empowers the self-luminous tritium to light up the aiming point in total darkness while the fiber-optic self-adjusts the reticle brightness during daylight.
- Broad-band multicoated lenses enhance clarity and increase light transmission by minimizing flare, glare, reflections
- Fiber Optic Illumination Adjuster allows manual control over daylight reticle glow
- Housing: forged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy provides added strength and durability
- Waterproof: nitrogen purged and fully sealed for all-weather reliability. Submersible to 500 ft / 150 m with adjuster caps on or 50 ft / 15 m without adjuster caps on
<i>Use and Handling</i>
- Anti-reflection device, ARD, and protective flip caps add enhanced protection to the scope
- 100 m zero and 500 m zero zeroing instructions are laser etched on the left and right sides for added convenience
- Mount: GDI AW6 Dual Auto-Locking Quick Detach (ALQD) Levers compatible with MIL-STD-1913 rail and an additional top mounted Picatinny rail specific to the 6x48 ACOG
- BAC: The Bindon Aiming Concept was devised by Trijicon's founder, Glyn Bindon. The BAC method of aiming with both eyes open ensures a far superior sense of balance, and a wider field-of-view. Combining these benefits with a magnified Trijicon sight gives you a considerable advantage over your target
- Green dot horseshoe reticle: calibrated for .50 BMG to incorporate spin drift of the round at extended distances- an illuminated dot indicates the exact point of aim. Stadia at 3 and 9 o'clock offer a horizontal target reference system of 50 Mils of off-points for moving targets. The 6 o'clock stadia features hold-over hash-marks for distances from 100 m up to 2000 m.
- Dual illumination: 24/7/365 - battery-free tritium/fiber-optic technology provides the chevron with a highly-visible green glow