The passive JBL Professional 5742-M/HF mid-/high-frequency component is a replacement module for the 5742 4-way quad-amped cinema loudspeaker system that provides superior coverage, maximum power handling, and uniform acoustic power output, along with extremely low distortion.
The four 8" Differential Drive mid-drivers and a large format 4" neodymium high-frequency compression driver are equipped with molded waveguides. The compression driver's waveguide compensates for high-frequency spreading caused by perforated screens for greatly improved audience coverage. The ScreenArray design provides an ideal power response and directivity control with seamless transitions between acoustic sections.
- 1400W midrange featuring four 8” Differential Drive transducers
- Large format 4” neodymium, damped titanium diaphragm, high-frequency compression driver
- Molded Optimized Aperture Waveguide technology for ultra-low distortion and extremely uniform frequency response
- JBL Patented SSC (Screen Spreading Compensation)
- Focused coverage technology
- Flat front waveguide design for easy baffle wall installation