The JBL DPDA-VP7215/64 DPDA (DrivePack Digital Audio) Input Module is suitable for use with the JBL DrivePack-equipped VP-Series VP7215/64 loudspeaker system. The module enables AES/EBU digital audio capability with analog audio backup, BSS Omnidrive HD digital signal processing, and LevelMax multi-stage limiting.
Once the DPDA input module is installed, several enhancements are available including advanced signal processing and an on-board 100 Mb Ethernet networking switch with daisy-chain capabilities allowing for remote control and monitoring via the HiQnet System Architecture software. Additionally, a rotary encoder switch provides array identification and box positioning with up to 99 different speaker positions within each of the 99 different speaker arrays or groups.
There are twenty type-selectable input filters (10 system and 10 guest filters), which provide system EQ with user-adjustable input delay and sub-filter access. An integrated signal generator provides sine wave, swept tone, pink, or white noise for expediting system testing and setup and up to 50 presets can be stored. A self-diagnostic mode for speaker load monitoring verifies electrical transfer functions and impedance loads with the simple push of a button.
Comprehensive on-board LED indicators and software control and monitoring functions enable complete awareness of the system’s configuration and performance status, while the JBL DrivePack software, a windows-based application, provides an intuitive, unified platform for system configuration and operation of not only the VP7215/64, but any other VerTec DP-Series or VP-Series loudspeaker system, as well as any HiQnet compliant audio device in the signal chain.
- HiQnet system compatibility for use in conjunction with other Harman Professional audio products
- AES/EBU digital audio, 96 kHz sampling rate
- Analog audio input
- BSS Omnidrive HD signal processing with F.I.R./I.I.R. filters and LevelMax multi-stage limiting circuitry
- 100 Mb native Ethernet switch with daisy-chain capability enables remote control and monitoring
- Fitted with both Ethercon connectors and XLR connectors; multiple signal path and connectivity options
- Ability to transport AES digital audio signals and Ethernet/HiQnet control over the same Cat5 cable and auto-sensing of array configurations based on Cat5 wiring format
- Auto detection of AES/analog audio signals with failsafe operation and redundancy modes for digital vs. analog audio signal path
- Mechanical encoder for pre-setting array identification and box positioning when PC or electricity are not available
- Speaker-specific device control interface panels for use within Harman’s HiQnet System Architect software
- Network connections: RJ-45 (Ethercon) for Cat5
- Supported audio formats: analog and AES/EBU, AES3
- Network controllable level controls
- Remote load monitoring
- User accessible input delay
- Noise generator: pink, white, sine, swept tone
- Continuous sine wave generator
- Error reporting via software
- 50 digital speaker setting presets plus user assignable
- Input polarity reverse via software
- Firmware upgrades via network
- Mute: Remote via Network