The StorCenter px6-300d Network Storage Enclosure from Iomega is a network storage enclosure, perfect for use in small offices, workgroups, and home networks. It can house up to (6) 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives or SSD drives. It connects to your network via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and offers advanced features such as iSCSI block access, RAID support, and remote data access. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
Business users will be happy with the vast functionality of the device. It can be connected to a UPS monitoring port, act as a print server of Axis IP security camera server, and supports rsync device-to-device data replication. Support for Microsoft's Active Directory, user quotas, and user-replaceable drives round out the server's impressive professional feature set.
Home users will be happy to know that the server features built-in support for the UPnP AV protocol. This allows media files stored on the drive to be streamed to DLNA-certified devices -- whose members include many popular digital media players. It also features a BitTorrent client, which allows you to download files shared on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing network directly to the drive -- making it possible to download files when your computer is powered down!
- Support for Solid State Drives
- Dual-core Intel Atom Processor
- 2GB memory
- Dual GbE NICs
- Diskless configuration -- bring your own drives
- Storage pools with RAID expansion, migration and hot spares
- Advanced RAID levels including Hot Spare
- NIC bonding for failover and load balancing including 802.3ad link aggregation
- Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads
- VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard
- iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share -- including Iomega Personal Cloud locations -- using the rsync or CIFS protocol
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. The enclosure is also compatible with today's most common backup software applications.
- Allows Apple users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the px6-300d.
- Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect to replicate data from your px6-300d to your public cloud account.
- Utilize two px6-300d devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
- Features robust username and password authorized access. You can create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
- RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades.
- Iomega's QuikProtect backup software is available for download.
- Stream content to media devices
- Built-in iTunes server
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, and 2008 R2 including Microsoft Cluster Server and Hyper-V Live Migration
- VMware VSphere ESX4 iSCSI and NAS, XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS