The Tiffen 138mm Mounted Warm Soft/FX 3 Filter can be applied to create a warm cast over an entire image while purposely reducing the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits, or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed within the surface of this filter smooths fine lines and textures, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject.
The warming effect of this filter can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. This filter's overall coloration reflects a mired shift value of +45.
This filter has a grade of 3. Grades of 1/2, 1, 2, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings. No front or rear threads are included on this filter's ring or mount, which is 138mm in diameter and designed for use in third-party or custom filter holders.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Mounted without front or rear threads for use in third-party or custom filter holders for film and television cameras
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Can add a warm cast over an entire image when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport