Meade Instruments built on the success of their iconic AutoStar and upgraded it to the AudioStar GoTo Hand Controller. Outfitted with a built-in speaker and their "Astronomer Inside" technology, the familiar handbox now offers audio commentary on 500 celestial objects including the moon, planets, stars, clusters, nebulae and galaxies. Information given includes surface temperature, size, distance from Earth, and mythology. It is compatible with the StarNavigator, ETX, LT, LX80, LX90, and LXD75 telescope series.
The hand controller maintains the large 30,000+ object database of near and deep sky objects, comets, asteroids, constellations, and satellites. It also tracks events such as sunrises and sunsets, moonrises and moonsets, the phases of the moon, and meteor showers; plus equinoxes and solstices. After setting up and aligning the scope, you can choose to have the AudioStar take you on one of three guided tours that is customized based on the location, date, and time that you are observing.
- 2-line, 18-character/line red LED display
- 20-button red backlit user interface
- Built-in speaker with adjustable volume
- Powered by mount
- 30,000+ objects
- Flash updateable via the Meade website
- Easy and intuitive menu-driven system
- Solar System: Planets, comets, and asteroids
- Deep Sky: Named objects, galaxies, nebulae, Messier catalog
- Stars: Named, SAO catalog, double, variable
- Sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset, moon phase, meteor showers
- Solar and lunar eclipses
- Autumn & vernal equinoxes, winter and summer solstices
- "Tonight's Best": Shows best objects based on observation location, date, and time
- "A Star's Life"
- "How Far is Far?"
- Pre-loaded audio commentary
- Select from Automatic or On-demand audio playback
- Descriptions of over 500 objects while viewing them
- Descriptions for the moon, planets, stars, clusters, nebulae and galaxies
- Presentations include statistics and information like temperature, size, distance and mythology
- Alphabetical listing of astronomical words and phrases