The STM-65 2.6" / 65 mm Spotting Scope (with Eyepiece) from Swarovski Optik delivers spectacular imaging performance - its optical system features precision ground and fully multicoated all-glass lenses. Highly efficient BAK4 porro prisms provide both a traditional form factor and outstanding imaging accuracy. However it is defined, it would be hard to conceive of a better view originating from a prismatic refractor telescope. And this is a scope which could accompany any tough hike without weighing you down.
The included Swarovski 25-50x Wide Angle Zoom Eyepiece is watertight and compatible with the ATM/STM, ATS/STS series and the CTS Swarovski spotting scopes. A glass cover protects against dust and dirt even when the eyepiece is removed. The bayonet connector allows quiet and easy inter-change of eyepieces while an automatic safety mechanism guards against accidental unscrewing of the eyepiece. There is also a protective eyepiece cover.
The STM-65 also has Swarovski's latest external coatings for repelling moisture, dust, and debris. The non-stick effect of the SWAROCLEAN coating on the outer surface of the lens makes cleaning the objective and eyepiece lenses considerably easier and adds to the longevity of the optics.
The ATM/STM series features a fully magnesium housing construction which reduces a few precious drops of weight without giving up an ounce of integrity.
This is the straight version of Swarovski's 65mm scope. Generally speaking, straight scopes are more conducive for finding the target, observing a bird in flight or viewing from a hide or an automobile although the STM-65 does have a side-mounted peepsight to aid initial locating.
- 65 mm objective
- 25-50x wide angle zoom eyepiece
- BAK4 prism optimizes light transmission
- Fully multicoated on all air-to-glass surfaces
- Wide apparent angle of view is 66° @ 25x and 85° @ 50x
- SWAROCLEAN non-stick proprietary external coating makes cleaning easier increasing the longevity of the optic
- Straight viewing
- Helical focusing is fast and accurate
- Tripod mounting: 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16
- Side-mounted peepsight to aid initial locating
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Integral retractable lens hood shades and protects objective
- Lightweight magnesium housing is water and fogproof
- Nitrogen purged and sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Porro prism design offers maximum image quality, enhanced durability, traditional styling