Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 12pm Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
If you're looking to turn your passion into a fulltime job, then Starting Your Career As a Freelance Photographer, by Tad Crawford is a must-have read. Published by Allworth Press, this guide is more than essential reading; it will be a reference you return to time and time again over your career. Crawford covers everything from getting started to getting paid, protecting yourself legally, marketing your photography, and where to turn when you need help. In addition, the book includes information on leases, contracts, and more. If you haven't discovered it yet, you'll learn that being a successful photographer also means being a good businessman or woman.
Table of Contents
Part I. Getting Started
1. Careers in Photography, by Chuck DeLaney
2. The Value of a Photographic Education, by Bill Kennedy
3. The Benefits of Apprenticeship, by John Kieffer
4. Photography: A Many-Faceted Field, by Susan McCartney
5. Equipment for the Freelance Photographer, by Chuck DeLaney
Part II. Building and Protecting Your Business
6. Your Business Plan
7. Location and Leases
8. The Going Concern
9. Digital Photo Studio Management 101, by Sam Merrell
10. Insurance Protection, by Arie Kopelman
11. Health and Environmental Safety in Photography, by Monona Rossol
Part III. Marketing Your Photography
12. Markets, Promotion, and Clients, by Maria Piscopo
13. Building and Presenting Your Portfolio, by Maria Piscopo
14. The Web Site as Marketing Tool, by John Kieffer
Part IV. Negotiating Contracts and Prices
15. Negotiating Contracts, by Richard Weisgrau
16. Contract Forms
17. Pricing Photography, by Michal Heron and David McTavish
Part V. Photography and the Law
18. Copyright, by Tad Crawford and Laura Stevens
20. Invasion of Privacy and Releases
21. Beyond Privacy
22. Settling Disputes and Finding Attorneys
Appendix A: American Society of Media Photographers Code of Ethics