The National Optical & Scientific Instruments 453-TBL-10 Stereo Microscope sets itself apart from the rest of the 450 series with 2x and 4x magnification and tungsten illumination. Created with younger students in mind, the 453-TBL-10 is ideal for use by elementary, middle, and even high school students. A true testament to its rugged design, to be sure.
Another feature aimed at this group of users is the upright, unreversed image provided by the microscope. Additionally, three dimensional objects can be placed on the stage for viewing. The optical system of the microscope consists of 2 widefield 10x eyepieces, a left-side diopter adjustment, and a reticle holder/retainer. Magnification is changed by rotating the objective turret 90° to positive click stops.
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces, left-side diopter adjustment, interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Eyepieces equipped with reticle holder/retainer to accept reticle with 23mm O.D.
- Fixed head
- Paired objectives are parfocalled, pacentered and achromatic
- Magnification changed by rotating objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- 4-position light control: top only / bottom only / top and bottom / off
- Top light (incidental) and bottom light (transmitted) corded 12V 10 watt tungsten illumination
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Includes two 80mm stage plates: frosted glass and reversible black and white plastic contrast plate
- Two locked-on stage clips