The National Optical and Scientific Instruments 453-TBL-10-LED Stereo Microscope sets itself apart from the 450 series with LED illumination and 2x and 4x magnification. Designed with elementary through high school students in mind the microscope is also rugged. Additionally, the image seen by students is upright, unreversed. Three dimensional objects can be set on the based as well for viewing.
Safety features such as slip clutch and tension adjustments prevent damage to the system and/or specimens. Two locked-on stage clips keep slides in place. Rack and pinion focusing ensure easy focusing for students. The microscope also comes with a 5-year limited warranty to ensure its longevity.
- Paired widefield 10x eyepieces, left-side diopter adjustment, interpupillary adjustment from 55mm to 75mm
- Eyepieces equipped with reticle holder/retainer to accept reticle with 23mm O.D.
- Fixed head
- Paired objectives are parfocalled, pacentered and achromatic
- Magnification changed by rotating objective turret 90° to positive click stops
- 4-position light control: top only / bottom only / top and bottom / off
- Top light (incidental) and bottom light (transmitted) corded 12V 10 watt tungsten illumination
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment
- Includes two 80mm stage plates: frosted glass and reversible black and white plastic contrast plate
- Two locked-on stage clips