This Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum-Alloy Tripod Kit from Vanguard supports up to 13.2 lb, measures 28.5" when folded, and includes a GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head with QS-65GH Quick Release Plate. Each of its 3-section legs features an independent spread as well as flip locks for fast deployment. Together, the three legs can be can be positioned for a minimum height of 56.1" to a maximum height of 68.5" with the center column fully raised. Foam covers on each of the legs provide a secure, comfortable grip while moving the tripod, and rubber feet each with a twist-out, metal spike further enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces, including soft and uneven soil.
Cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the QS-65GH Quick Release Plate, which is secured to the tripod head using a quick release cam lock. Using the GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head's squeeze trigger, its integrated ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled 360°, tilted +90°/-32° to the side, tilted +90°/-8° forwards and backwards, or returned to its upright position. Additionally, the cam lock assembly can be rotated 360° independently of the head, while generating 72 clicks at 5° intervals. Useful when capturing a sequence of images that are intended to be aligned and merged into a single panoramic photo, those clicks can be used to ensure that images within a sequence sufficiently overlap to form a panorama.
For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum which enables 90° of upwards or downwards tilt that can be locked into place. Additionally, the center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation. With the ability to push and pull the center column, those tilt and swivel movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom. This allows an attached camera to be easily raised toward an elevated subject or over a scene. A camera that is placed toward the end of center column can be positioned perpendicular to the tripod, and extended past the tripod's legs, which is particularly useful for copy stand or macro photography. For subjects along the ground, the center column can also be used to obtain low angles while the tripod's user is positioned comfortably behind the camera.
A carry bag is included for storage or transport.
General Use and Handling
- Supports up to 13.2 lb
- Push-and-pull rapid center column for rapid positioning
- Can be set to a minimum height of 56.1" to a maximum height of 68.5" with the center column fully raised
- For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables up to 90° of upwards or downwards tilt
- Center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation
- Tilt, swivel, as well as push-and-pull movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom
- Hexagonal shaft design provides center column with increased torsional rigidity
- Aluminum-alloy legs each feature 3 sections, flip locks for fast deployment, and can be independently spread
- Legs can be locked at 25°, 50°, or 80° angles
- Foam covers on each of the legs provide a secure and comfortable grip
- Rubber feet with twist-out, metal spikes further enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces, including soft and uneven soil
- Built-in tripod bubble level, ballast hook, and 1/4"-20 mount for direct attachment of accessories that feature 1/4"-20 female accessory threads
- 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 mount adapter for attachment of accessories that feature 3/8"-16 female accessory threads
- Weighs 5.8 lb, measures 28.51" when folded
Pistol Grip Ball Head
- Magnesium-alloy pistol grip ball head with quick release cam lock and included QS-65GH Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 1/4"-20 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Rotatable handle with squeeze trigger allows ball-and-socket joint to provide 360° of swivel control, a +90°/-32° sideways tilt, a +90°/-8° forwards and backwards tilt, and can be locked into place by releasing the trigger
- Quick release plate with rubberized, non-slip platform, and 1/4"-20 mount
- Friction lock for cam lock assembly allows quick-release plate to independently rotate 360° with 72 clicks at 5° intervals for panoramic photography
- Built-in bubble level within cam lock
- Tension knob located above handle to adjust pressure on the ball-and-socket joint's movements