The black Dual 8” Two-Way 90 x 50° Full-Range Loudspeaker System from Electro-Voice can be used in a variety of applications where high quality sound reinforcement is required in an ultra-compact lightweight enclosure. The enclosure design utilizes asymmetric angles to maintain tight clearances to wall and ceilings while providing optimal coverage patterns making it ideal to blend into surroundings.
The system incorporates the ICT-1-8, a high-output 1.3” diaphragm titanium compression driver coupled to a Constant Directivity 90 x 50° rotatable waveguide. The ICT-8-16 woofer was developed using FEA optimization to provide the highest sensitivity while achieving the highest level of speech intelligibility. The crossover design uses 18-dB-per-octave slopes with equalization for very smooth response in the vocal range, linear off-axis response and a protection circuit for long term reliability.
The EVU series is constructed of 9-ply hardwood plywood enclosures with six integral M8 suspension points to support a wide variety of mounting positions. The EVU system is finished in black textured paint. Each system includes a universal U-bracket to facilitate mounting. The U-bracket provides full unobstructed rotation of the loudspeaker (330° unobstructed rotation if the transformer kit is installed, not included). Additional mounting points are located on the rear of the enclosure for use with an omni-mount type bracket.
- 1.3” diaphragm, 1.4” exit pure titanium compression driver
- Dual 8” (203 mm) LF transducers
- Advanced third-order crossover network with HF protection
- Coverage pattern: 90° x 50° Constant Directivity rotatable waveguide
- 95 dB sensitivity, 126 dB maximum SPL
- System rating: 350W continuous, 1400W peak
- Universal U-bracket included
- Six M8 threaded suspension points