The black Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a compact, ergonomically-designed camera featuring a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VI image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080i/60 video with notable low-light quality and high-speed performance. The combination of these two technologies enables a high sensitivity range from ISO 200-25600 and continuous shooting up to 9 fps. The sensor also lends itself to an enhanced FAST autofocus system that utilizes a 35-area contrast-detection focusing method to efficiently acquire focus with selectable focus targets for even greater precision. Also benefitting image sharpness is in-body 5-axis image stabilization that compensates for angular shifts, yaw, pitch, and rolling camera shake.
Both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and tilting touchscreen monitor are available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. The EVF features a 1.44m-dot resolution and 1.15x magnification for comfortable eye-level viewing with the ability to preview image effects in real-time. Alternatively, the 3.0" 610k-dot tilting touchscreen OLED monitor suits working from high and low angles and its touchscreen design provides an intuitive means for controlling settings and navigating through the menu system. Complementing the entire feature-set, the E-M5 also sports a magnesium and aluminum alloy body construction with dust- and splash-protection to suit working in inclement conditions.
Included with the camera body is the M.ZUIKO Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R standard zoom lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. It features quiet autofocus and zooming operation to benefit recording movies and also incorporates three aspherical elements to reduce aberrations and produce high image sharpness and clarity.
16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VI Image Processor
Additionally, full HD 1080i movie recording is supported at 60 fps with stereo sound in the MOV format.
In-Camera 5-Axis Image Stabilization
Electronic Viewfinder and 3.0" Tilting Touchscreen
In addition to the viewfinder, a large 3.0" 610k-dot tilting touchscreen OLED monitor is also available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. The monitor's tilting design is well-suited to use from both high and low angles and the intuitive touchscreen control offers a range of additional functionality, including the ability to touch to release the shutter, select the focusing point, magnify the image, apply filter effects, and navigate through images and settings.
FAST Autofocus System
M.ZUIKO Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens
Other Camera Features
- Constructed from magnesium and aluminum alloys, the camera body features retro-inspired design that is also dust- and splash resistant.
- The included FL-LM2 flash features a guide number of 23' at ISO 100 and offers TTL exposure control for well-balanced flash photos, with a top sync speed of 1/250 sec.
- Art Filters are available for creatively enhancing imagery: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pinhole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, and Key Line. Art Effects are also available: Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, and Star Light Effect.
- Face Detect, Face Priority, and Eye Detection allow you to select different priorities for basing focus and exposure on. Up to eight separate faces can be detected and Eye Detection allows you to select either the right or left eye to prioritize.
- A built-in two-axis level gauge aids in creating perfectly level compositions based on the horizon and architectural elements within the scene.
- The shutter mechanism has been tested to 100,000 actuations for enhanced reliability.
- A multiple exposure mode allows you to composite two separate exposures in a single frame for creative effects. Additional raw images can be added in the playback mode.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.