The Axis Communications P8221 Network I/O Audio Module (10 Pack) is an outstanding solution that provides or supplements network surveillance systems with input and output ports along with audio coverage.
I/O capabilities are provided by 8 configurable digital ports on the unit. You can add a wide range of sensors such as a door switch, smoke detector, etc. to the unit while simultaneously allowing the unit to communicate with relays and other devices, for example, to turn on/off lights in the event of an alarm. Older devices and sensors operating with a RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 port can also be connected to the unit, thus reducing the need for expensive hardware upgrades.
In addition to the I/O ports, the P8221 Module offers 2-way audio capabilities to the surveillance system. High-quality audio can be encoded in AAC format with 32 kHz sampling at bitrates of up to 128 kbit/s. The P8221 unit can provide phantom power to balanced microphones, thus eliminating the need for clumsy auxiliary power cables. High-quality audio recording is facilitated by the built-in preamp and adjustable gain control in the unit. A speaker output is also provided, which provides 0.5 W RMS of power.
The P8221 features an open Application Programming Interface (API) that allows easy integration into most existing network surveillance systems. The unit's I/O ports can be managed using Internet Explorer and audio streams can be recorded or played remotely. Additionally, custom alarms can be set up, which will respond to audio detection, or an external input by sending an email, playing an audio clip or by using an external output port.
A host of security features protect the unit from unauthorized access at local and remote levels. Password protection and a user access log allow you to monitor local access to the unit while HTTPS encryption, IP filtering, and digest authentication prevent unauthorized remote network access. The audio module usually requires 8 - 34 VDC or 20 - 24 VAC to function, and the Power over Ethernet (PoE) feature allows the unit to be powered via a standard network cable.
- 8 digital ports configurable as input or output ports
- RS-232, RS-485, and RS-422 serial ports for legacy device support
- RJ-45 input for communication and PoE
- 2-way, full, and half duplex audio
- High-quality AAC audio encoding at 128 kbit/s with 32 kHz sampling
- Speaker output port supplying 0.5 W RMS
- Phantom power for 48 V balanced microphones
- Built-in preamp and adjustable gain control for fine tuning
- Multiple trigger options including audio detection, external input, etc.
- Multiple trigger events including notification via email, external output and audio clip playback
- Open API including VAPIX for easy integration into existing network surveillance software
- Management and control of I/O ports through Internet Explorer
- Password protection and user access logs to monitor local access to the unit
- IP filtering, HTTPS encryption, and digest authentication to prevent unauthorized network intrusions
- 8 - 34 VDC or 20 - 24 VAC power supply
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)