Residing within an extensively modular system, the Cambo Ultima 45 is a 4 x 5" view camera well-suited to both film and digital capture using Graflok-style film holders or backs. Capable of accepting a wide variety of film, digital, or scanning backs, along with a host of lenses, this monorail type camera affords a full system of camera movements through a series of precise gear-based controls. This view camera is based upon the Ultima foundation and features a 17.7"-long two-piece monorail and pleated bellows to enable working with a wide range of different focal lengths. Yaw-free variable-axis tilt and swing movements enable quick setup with a minimized need for re-composing and a symmetrical design with zero-position detents also contribute to an intuitive and fast working method. Dual-range focusing furthers this efficiency along with clearly demarcated focusing, movements, and depth of field scales. Constructed from aluminum alloy, yet taking on a portable form factor, the Ultima 45 is at home in both the studio as well as on location.
- Tilt: +/- 20°
- Swing: +/- 30°
- Rise/Fall: +/- 20mm
- Shift: +/- 25mm
- The Ultima system is comprised of a rigid base structure, monorail, and tripod mounting block, along with highly configurable front and rear standards, for ensured precision and extensive control.
- Geared rise/fall, lateral shift, swing, and tilt movements offer a high degree of precision and self-locking swing and tilt mechanisms ensure greater stability.
- Benefitting working with a variety of film formats, variable focal plane control permits adjusting of tilt and swing axis points to match different capture area dimensions.
- Both the front and rear standard incorporate safety locks to prevent accidental openings in order to protect lenses and film backs.
- Dual-range focusing control offers both coarse and fine-tuned focusing methods for greater control.
- The rear standard incorporates a depth of field scale for quickly checking where the field of focus begins and ends without having to stop-down the lens prior to exposure.
- Utilizing a virtual pivot design, yaw-free variable-axis tilts and swings can be utilized for easier and faster composition and focusing when employing movements.
- A symmetrical design on both standards, along with zero-position detents, help to expedite setting up and positioning the camera.
- Both standards incorporate spirit levels for maintaining consistently level horizons and plumb verticals.
- A split monorail totaling 17.7" in length and a removable pleated bellows enable close focusing capabilities with a wide range of focal lengths.
- An aluminum alloy body construction is both durable and portable for use in the studio as well as on location.
Modular System and Interface Options
This camera is comprised of the Ultima base foundation, a 17.7"-long split monorail, a pleated bellows, adjustable tripod mount, ground glass back, and both front and rear standards.