The Cambo CS-AS-TRIBASE Tripod Based Support with Follow Focus & Matte Box is ideal for shooting video from a tripod or pedestal unit. The distance between the optical center of the lens and the iris rods is adjustable, making this rig applicable to different types of cameras. The Tripod Based HDSLR Support comes with the Tribase Rig, CS-MFC-3 Follow Focus, & CS-M100 Matte box.
The Tribase Rig can also be used with any other follow-focus and/or matte box and this basic rig can be further extended to any configuration. The Tripod Rig assembly consists of the CS-M1 Compact Camera/Tripod Mount, the CS-152 Dual Parallel Rod Clamp, and 2 CS-1530 Iris Rods (300mm).
The compact CS-MFC-3 Follow Focus system enables you to precisely control the focus. Made from machined aluminum, this follow focus is up to the level of the most demanding cameraman. This unit is mounted to a single bar of the support system, which has several advantages. While changing lenses, you can simply release one knob with a simple twist and hinge the follow focus unit aside to access the lens without any obstruction. If the new lens has a different diameter, the CS-MFC-3 Follow Focus can be easily hinged in place to accommodate the new diameter of the lens with a one hand operation. Also, when the gear is not at the same distance, the unit can be shifted forward or backwards. It also features a flexible gear-ring and drive gear m0.8x46. Thanks to the uniquely profiled support bars, the unit locks very secure and positive with the correct amount of contact with the gear rack of the lens in order to operate the focus movements without any play in the mechanism. This follow focus is also able to reverse its rotation direction to accommodate the inverse focus direction of DSLR lenses.
The CS-M100 Matte box attaches directly to the bar system in front of the lens. It features a flexible hood that allows for adjustments for optimum shading with any focal length. The Matte box works with most cameras with wide-angle lenses for both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios without causing vignetting.
The flexible hood can be folded flat for transportation, taking up a minimum of space.
- Distance between the optical center of the lens and the iris rods is adjustable to accommodate different types of cameras
CS-MFC-3 Follow Focus
- Exchangeable gears
- Gears mount on front or back end
- Unit can be rotated for reverse rotation of gears
- Double hinge allows for angled position of the knob
- Fits to any diameter lens without any modification of configuration
- One removable gear strip for lens included
- Accepts Starknob and Flexible Knob extension
CS-M100 Matte Box
- Attaches directly to the bars system at the front of the lens
- Supports wide-angle lenses with 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios
- Wide design accommodates most cameras and eliminates vignetting
- Folds flat, thereby minimizing space during transportation