The 420T-1105-20 1-4x Stereo Zoom Microscope with Trinocular Port from National Optical is a stereoscopic zoom microscope designed for laboratories and university students. The stereo (two) eyepiece configuration is preferred by most researchers and students because of the superior depth of field and comfort compared to monocular microscopes. This model of the 420T stereo microscope has a paired 20x eyepiece delivering a 20x to 80x continuous magnification range. The achromatic 1-4x objective lens system is parfocalled and parcentered throughout the zoom range to keep the specimen in focus and centered while zooming in/out.
A trinocular port also enables the 420T to transmit its magnified image to an SLR or video camera attached to the port using an included C-mount adapter. When not in use for imaging purposes, the trinocular port can be secured using a metal thumbscrew. Optional eyepieces and auxiliary objectives expand the microscope’s magnification range and working distance, further broadening the functionality of the optical system.
A user-friendly design complements the range of features that make the 420T stereo zoom microscope a welcome addition to labs and classrooms. The 420T-1105 has a universal stand with a counterbalanced boom arm that enables a range of viewing positions, making it an ideal solution for problematic specimens that are too large or abnormally-shaped for fixed arm microscopes. The viewing head accommodates specimen heights up to 437mm (17.2") and is capable of 360° rotation for sharing the stereo eyepiece among colleagues and students without moving the microscope. An adjustable interpupillary distance, individually adjustable diopter correction, and height-adjustable viewing head provide the 420T series with the flexibility needed to create a customized viewing experience.
- Paired 20x inclined eyepiece
- Trinocular port for SLR and video camera mounting
- 1-4x achromatic, parcentered, and parfocalled objective system
- 20x to 80x magnification range
- 80mm / 3.1" working distance, 437mm / 17.2" maximum specimen height
- 52-76mm / 2-3" interpupillary distance
- Individual diopter adjustments
- Rack and pinion focus system
- Slip clutch prevents over-turning
- Tension adjustment prevents focus drift
- Dual focusing dials
- Universal stand with counterbalanced boom arm
- Post-mounted viewing head with locking collar
- Pivoting boom arm with locking collar
- 360° rotating viewing head
- Cast metal frame
- Grey enamel finish
- 13.2" (33 cm) vertical post length
- 15.4" (39 cm) maximum height
- 40 lb (18.1 kg) weight with counterweight