This 2180' roll of Kodak's 2374 Panchromatic 35mm Black-and-White Sound Recording Film has a gray ESTAR base and is a high-contrast, panchromatic film designed for recording variable-area soundtrack negatives with a tungsten light source, and/or producing digital soundtrack negatives. Analog negatives made from this film produce an excellent silver, high-magenta and cyan-only soundtracks. It is optimized to produce all three types of digital soundtrack negatives: DTS (Digital Theater Systems), Dolby Digital, and Sony SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
A process-surviving antistat incorporated in the gray ESTAR base reduces the propensity for dirt and static marks in printing. This, and scratch-resistant base and emulsion surface coatings, improve the film's durability offering opportunities for increased yields in labs. Enhanced acutance and sharpness of the film yields excellent signal-to-noise performance, high-frequency response, and sound quality in both digital and analog tracks.
- Kodak Vision Color Print Film / 2383
- Kodak Vision Premier Color Print Film / 2393
- Kodak Vision Color Teleprint Film / 2395 (35mm) and 3395 (16mm)
- Kodak Black-and-White Print Film / SO-302
- EASTMAN Fine Grain Release Positive Film 5302 (35mm) and 7302 (16mm)