The 100 x 100mm 85 Light Balancing Filter from Lee Filters is compatible with a LEE Filters 100mm System filter holder. It is uniform in color, and with a mired shift value of +112 it can be applied to purposely create a warm cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Lee Filters 100 x 100mm 85 Light Balancing Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a color temperature of 5500K for type A tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colors under 3400K light sources.
This filter is made of optical-quality resin and measures 2.0mm thick. A padded pouch is also included with the filter.
When used, the Lee Filters 100 x 100mm 85 Light Balancing Filter's 0.2 density darkens the entire image by 0.6 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
The light balancing filters for type A tungsten film are designed to correct for the color temperatures over 3400K, and are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to add warmth to a daylight image.
- Compatible with a LEE Filters 100mm System filter holder
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of +112
- Reduces 5500K color temperature to 3400K
- Allows type A tungsten film to accurately reproduce colors under 5500K light sources
- Constructed from optical resin (CR39) for clarity and durability
- 0.2 density filter with 1.5x filter factor darkens the image by 0.6 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Padded filter pouch included for storage and transport