The Nikon COOLPIX P7700 Digital Camera (Black) is compact only in its physical dimensions--in terms of image quality, it's huge. A bigger-than-usual 12.2MP CMOS sensor (1/1.7") coupled with a sharp 7.1x optical zoom lens (28-200mm in 35mm equivalent) made with NIKKOR ED glass mark the P7700 as more than just another compact camera. The lens has a super-fast f/2.0 maximum aperture that's ideal for making portraits with a beautifully blurred background, and for shooting in low-light conditions (maximum aperture at focal lengths longer than 28mm is f/4.0). Not only can you capture full HD 1080p video with stereo sound, you can maintain optical zoom capability as well as adjustable aperture and exposure settings while recording video.
Add Vibration Reduction for sharp photos in low light, blazing fast 8 frames per second shooting speed at full resolution, and a beautiful 921,000-dot high-resolution 3" LCD display to the mix. The choice of shooting in JPEG or RAW format gives you ultimate control over your images, and you can focus on your subject from less than 1.0" away for spectacular macro photographs.
And there's plenty more. There's fast auto focus and start-up, so you never miss a picture waiting for the camera to catch up with you. Low Noise Night Mode for beautiful photos without flash at night, with minimal noise. Or Subject Tracking to automatically track and auto focus on a moving subject. You have 19 optimized scene modes at your service, including the Scene Auto Selector, which automatically recognizes any shooting situation and optimizes all the settings for that scene.
A 7-blade rounded diaphragm combined with the extremely wide aperture can deliver portraits with beautiful blurred backgrounds (bokeh). A built-in neutral density (ND) filter can help you capture those blurred backgrounds even in bright sunlight. A wide range of filters and effects are available also: Soft Focus, Nostalgic Sepia, High Key, Low Key, Selective Color, Cross Process, Zoom Exposure, Defocusing, Creative Monochrome, Painting and more. The P7700 will also accept a 40.5mm filter.
There's even a built-in full-size accessory shoe that allows you to use serious professional Nikon DSLR accessories like Nikon Speedlights, the GP-1 GPS module, an external stereo microphone, and more. The P7700 is a compact camera for photographers who won't settle for compact results.
Superb Image Quality
Excel in Low-Light Situations
Fast Operation and Continuous Shooting
Moveable 921,000-Dot Vari-Angle Display
Full HD (1080p) Video With Stereo Sound
Full-Size Accessory Shoe
Comfortable, Smart Design
VR Image Stabilization System
• Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
• High ISO up to 6400 at full resolution for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
RAW File Function
• PSAM (Program, Shutter, Aperture, Manual) exposure control, custom function control.
• ISO can be set as high as 6400 at full resolution.
• Tone Level Information provides photographers with 9 levels of grey scale information about the scene for fine exposure analysis according to user's creative needs.
• In-camera editing functions include Exposure Compensation, COOLPIX Picture Control, Noise Reduction Filter, Quick Retouch, D-Lighting and Active D-Lighting.
• Electronic Virtual Horizon Display enables precise leveling of the camera in landscape or portrait orientation during LCD monitor shooting.
• COOLPIX Picture Control can be customized for Image Sharpening, Contrast, Saturation, Filter Effects, and Tone.
HD Movie Recording
• Subject Tracking tracks a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
• Shoot Continuously up to 6 pictures at approx. 8 fps at full resolution.
• Interval Timer Shooting captures images at specified time intervals.
• In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
• Face-Priority AF. Nikon's face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
• Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
• Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
• Built-in Flash plus i-TTL Flash function when used with optional Nikon Speedlight System.
• 19 Scene Modes, including Scene Auto Selector, for optimized shooting in a variety of settings and situations.
• Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
• Macro shooting as close as 0.8".