Part of the ULX-D wireless series, the Shure ULXD4D houses 2 independent digital receivers in a rugged, single-rack unit with an internal power supply. Two Ethernet ports support Dante digital audio, while RF cascade ports allow for antenna signal distribution to another receiver unit. Audio summing enables the receiver to function as a 2-channel mixer.
The ULX-D Series simplifies the set up and management of large numbers of wireless systems. It is ideal for professional sound reinforcement applications in large live venues and houses of worship as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities. Compatible with a wide selection of Shure transmitters and mic capsules, it delivers pristine 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio, capturing every detail with clarity, accurate low end, and crisp transient response.
The ULX-D operates in the UHF band, utilizing Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference, delivering rock-solid RF signal stability without audio artifacts. In Standard mode you can run up to 17 channels per 6 MHz TV channel, at a range up to 330'. Alternatively, the High-Density mode lets you run up to 47 channels per 6 MHz TV channel, at a maximum range of 98'. The system offers AES-256 encryption for security.
Each receiver module has its own audio and RF meters, 60 dB of gain control, and XLR output. A large LCD screen and intuitive controls let you quickly make adjustments, even in low-light situations. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning, IR sync, gain optimization to match any input source, and internal limiting to prevent clipping.
The Ethernet ports also allow multiple receivers to be easily networked together for simplified frequency coordination and deployment via Shure's Wireless Workbench software. In addition, the Channels Mobile App enables you to control the system remotely from an iOS device.
Shure Professional-Grade Digital Wireless Audio Quality
- 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio delivers clear and accurate sound reproduction
- Extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range with flat response
- >120 dB wide dynamic range for excellent signal-to-noise performance
- Up to 60 dB of independently adjustable gain for each channel
- Works with a wide selection of Shure mics and transmitter types including the ULXD1 bodypack and ULXD2 handheld transmitters that provide complete mobility for presenters/performers, and the ULXD6 boundary and ULXD8 gooseneck base transmitters to accommodate meeting rooms with flexible seating layouts
- ULX-D receivers are also compatible with QLX-D bodypack and handheld transmitters
Up to 60 Channels with Rock-Solid Transmission
- 2-channel receiver operates in the G50: 470 to 534 MHz UHF band
- 64 MHz tuning range lets you run up to 60 channels at the same location in Standard mode or 90 channels in High-Density mode
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur
- Comes with two remoteable 1/2 wave dipole antennas
- Bodypack frequency diversity ensures uninterrupted audio for mission-critical applications using two discrete bodypacks on a single audio source
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy—uses unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled
- Interference detection and alerts provide instant confirmation on both the receiver LCD and WWB software when interference is present
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time
Intelligent Hardware Simplifies Setup, Monitoring & Control
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring and control of your system, as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench, SystemOn, and Axient Spectrum Manager software
- Compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston
- Cross subnet control-enabled for management between multiple facilities or venues
- Dante support allows you to seamlessly send uncompressed, multichannel audio over standard IP Ethernet networks with low-latency, sample-accurate synchronization, and automatic device discovery—on the same network as IT and control data
Two RF Cascade Ports
- Allow distribution of RF antena signals to another receiver unit—ports provide DC bias voltage to power active antennas
- Optimized scanning automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters over IR sync
- Proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes system dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- Internal limiter automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio
- Each receiver has an individual gain control and an XLR output with switchable mic/line level
- Quick visual check using audio and RF LED meters with peak indicators
- Intuitive front-panel controls with lockout feature and easily readable LCD with adjustable contrast
- Remote Control: Make adjustments anywhere in the venue via the Channels Mobile App for iOS devices
- Yamaha device ID allows simplified channel patching on CL consoles
- Smart Power Management on Transmitters: Advanced SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable batteries with SBC chargers provide extended transmitter battery life over alkaline batteries, battery-life metering in hours and minutes (accurate to within 15 minutes), and detailed tracking of battery health status