Orders placed after 4pm on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 12pm Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.40 GHz Processor from Intel is based on 22 nm Intel Microarchitecture and can help improve server responsiveness and server capabilities. The Xeon E3 processor is designed with innovative features that adapt the server's performance to your business needs, so you enjoy faster application response times with reduced energy consumption. The processor server also protects your valuable data against loss or corruption. It is ideal for your business, whether you are purchasing a new server, refreshing an existing server or deploying a dedicated server for a workgroup or remote office.
Intel Xeon processor-based servers can be used for secure data storage, file sharing, print and web services, as well as collaborative applications. With all these capabilities, it can make your business more efficient and responsive. An Intel Xeon processor E3 server protects your business-critical information and operations and enables you to operate more effectively with existing resources. By providing faster access to information and improving workflows throughout your business, it can help increase sales and improve margins, thus giving you a strategic advantage.
Entry-level server platforms featuring the Intel Xeon processor are ideal for companies looking to purchase a new server or a replacement for an older server. Built with advanced security features, these platforms are designed to deliver 24/7 dependability and improved business productivity with industry-leading performance. They are easy to set up and manage and have features that provide trouble-free operation. This way they help ensure that your operational needs are met at every stage of your business growth.
Effective Management of Business Data
Compared to a desktop computer, a server based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v2 is engineered and validated to run 24/7. It allows you to protect, manage, process and distribute your business data more effectively and reliably. With the performance and capacity of an Intel Xeon processor-based server, you can: • Establish a centralized database for your customer, product and financial information. You'll be able to manage vital data more efficiently and effectively to ensure it is accurate, up-to-date, protected and accessible anytime, anywhere for all authorized users • Create an in-house network for e-mails, shared calendars, conferencing and online document sharing to improve communication and collaboration among your employees • Host a corporate website or improve performance and uptime for your existing website, so you can connect more effectively with your customers and extend your business reach • Take advantage of cloud services to extend your IT capabilities, while keeping sensitive data and applications on-premise where you have the necessary control to ensure performance, reliability, security and compliance
Advanced reliability and security features help to keep your data and business safe • 24/7 Dependability. Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v2 servers are designed for continuous operation to keep your business up and running at all times. Business-class features, such as redundant power supplies and quiet chassis options, increase system reliability • Advanced Data Protection. ECC memory automatically detects and corrects up to 99.988 percent of memory errors for improved data integrity and system uptime. This technology is standard in all Intel Xeon processor-based servers • Redundant Hard Drives. Intel Rapid Storage technology* 11.x (Intel RST) protects your valuable business data by seamlessly storing copies on one or more additional hard drives, thus preventing data loss or system downtime in the event of a hard drive failure • Advanced Data and System Security. Intel OS Guard, Intel Secure Key and Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions** (Intel AES-NI) work together to protect your server, applications and data from today's increasingly sophisticated attacks. You can implement pervasive encryption and other strong security protocols throughout your business, while providing easy access for authorized users and maintaining rapid application response times
*Intel Rapid Storage technology requires the computer to have an Intel RST-enabled Intel chipset, RAID controller in the BIOS enabled and the Intel RST software driver installed. **Intel AES-NI requires a computer system with an AES-NI-enabled processor as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. AES-NI is available on Intel Xeon processors.
Enjoy faster and more reliable access to information and collaborative tools • High Performance for Business-Critical Applications. Supports more employees and delivers faster response times with up to 2.7x more performance than a three-year-old desktop system* • Peak Performance When You Need It Most. Supports Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0**, which delivers high responsive performance even at peak processor loads and reduces power consumption for lighter loads • Better Support for Business Growth. Maintain performance levels as you continue to add new users and applications, with dramatic improvements in memory, I/O and storage throughput compared to previous generation servers
*Averaged normalized performance of 3 small and medium-sized business workloads (e-mail, database and web) on an Intel Xeon processor is 172% faster than on an Intel Core 2 processor. **Requires a system with Intel Turbo Boost technology capability.
A Smart Investment
Get the performance, capacity and reliability your business needs, at prices you can afford. • Simple and Affordable Implementation. Advanced server features deliver high value with easy deployment and costs that are comparable to high-end desktop systems • Low Operating Costs. Energy-efficient 22nm Intel Micro architecture includes an array of enhancements that improve performance while reducing power consumption. The Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v2 delivers up to 32 percent more energy-efficient performance than the previous generation and low-power server options can provide even greater energy savings • Simple, Cost-effective Growth. Expandable storage options make it easy to support increasing storage requirements as your business grows and technologies evolve. You can also use RAID (redundant array of independent disks) technology to increase storage performance, protect your valuable data and perform cost-effective data backups • Flexible and Reliable Computing. Intel Xeon processor-based servers are engineered and validated to operate with server operating systems. This helps to improve reliability and interoperability with business-critical applications, so you can add and upgrade applications with greater confidence • Flexible, Efficient, Low-Cost Management. Reduce the cost and complexity of managing your server with Intel Active Management Technology 8.0. Powerful remote monitoring, software updating, diagnostics and repair capabilities make it easy to keep your server running at peak efficiency from a centralized location-whether you rely on an in-house staff or a managed service provider
Intel Xeon Processor
• Delivers server-class performance, reliability and security at entry-level price points • Delivers up to 32% performance-per-watt improvement over previous generation Intel Xeon processor-based servers
• Enhanced performance and energy efficiency • Industry-leading Intel silicon technology (22nm Hi-k process technology) • Intel Smart Cache technology with up to 8 MB last level cache
Reliability and Support for Business
• Supports ECC Memory. ECC Memory detects and corrects up to 99.98% of all memory errors. Better data integrity and system reliability is achieved through automatic data correction
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 11.x (Intel RST) with E-mail Alerting
• Uninterrupted operation and quick data recovery in the event of a hard drive failure • Accelerates system performance by striping data across multiple hard drives
Intel OS Guard
• Improves security by strengthening malware protection • Provides hardware-based protection for server operating systems
Intel Secure Key
• Enhances security and performance for a wide range of security applications • Enables faster and higher quality cryptographic keys and certificates
Intel Advanced Encryption Standards New Instructions* (Intel AES-NI)
• Improves security by encrypting data without slowing response times • Enables pervasive use of encryption to protect sensitive data more effectively
*Requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software. Results depend upon hardware setup and configuration.
Intel Trusted Execution Technology* (Intel TXT)
• Protects your business by increasing security against many digital threats • Helps ensure the system launches into a "known good state"
*No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel Trusted Execution technology requires a system with Intel Virtualization technology, an Intel TXT-enabled processor, chipset, BIOS, Authenticated Code Modules and an Intel TXT-compatible measured launched environment (MLE). It also requires a system to contain a TPM v1.s.
Server OS Validation
• Enhanced compatibility and reliability with leading business applications • Tested and validated on server operating systems
Responsive Performance to Grow Business
• Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 • Accelerates processor and graphics performance for peak loads
Intel Hyper-Threading Technology* (Intel HT)
• Enables faster performance for many demanding business applications • Thread-level parallelism benefits multi-threaded and concurrently running applications
*Requires an Intel HT technology-enabled system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used.
PCI Express 3.0 Ports
• Provides extra capacity and flexibility for storage and networking connections • Up to double the I/O bandwidth of previous generation PCIe 2.0* • Configurable as 1x16 or 2x8
*8 GT/s and 128b/130b encoding in PCIe 3.0 specification enables double the interconnect bandwidth over PCIe 2.0 specification.
• Faster data access, system startups and application load times • Doubles data throughput compared to previous generation for faster hard drive performance
Intel Virtualization Technology* for IA-32 and Intel 64** (Intel VT-x)
• Built-in hardware support for I/O virtualization • Improves I/O performance, increases system reliability and provides enhanced data protection
*Requires a computer with an enabled Intel processor, BIOS & a VMM. Functionality, performance & other benefits depend on hardware & software configurations. Software apps may not be compatible with all OS. **Requires a computer with a processor, chipset, BIOS, OS, drivers & apps enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Performance depends on your hardware & software configurations.
Better Value at Lower Cost
• Low-power CPU options • Matches performance with energy efficiency to maximize total value
Intel Node Manager
• Hosts more and heavier loads per server while guarding against server overheating • Allows you to dynamically monitor and limit server power consumption
Intel Active Management Technology 8.0 (Intel AMT)
• Flexible local time and remote management for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance to increase reliability and uptime • Secure, out-of-band access even for failed power states or a crashed OS
In the Box
Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.40 GHz Processor
3-Year Limited Warranty
Table of Contents
Show moreShow less
No. of Cores
No. of Threads
Max Turbo Frequency
Intel Smart Cache
Instruction Set Extensions
AVX, SSE4.1, SSE4.2
Max 77 W
Max 32 GB
No. of Memory Channels
ECC Memory Supported
Intel HD Graphics P4000
Graphics Base Frequency
Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency
No. of Displays Supported
PCI Express Revision
PCI Express Configurations
1x16 &1x4, 2x8 & 1x4 or 1x8 & 3x4
Max CPU Configuration
Intel Quick Sync Video Intel InTru 3D Technology Intel Flexible Display Interface (Intel FDI) Intel Clear Video HD Technology Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Intel vPro Technology Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) Intel Trusted Execution Technology AES New Instructions Intel 64 Idle States Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology Intel Demand-Based Switching Thermal Monitoring Technologies Intel Fast Memory Access Intel Flex Memory Access Execute Disable Bit Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) Intel Identity Protection Technology