The Panasonic Focus FS-P250WF Wi-Fi Proxy Recorder for AG-HPX250 / 255 Camcorders is a camera-mountable recorder that connects to Panasonic's AG-HPX250 and AG-HPX255 camcorders by SDI and records H.264 proxy clips, recording in parallel with high-resolution clips while capturing matching timecode, frame rate management, and P2 metadata. Various resolutions and bit rates for proxy recording can be selected depending on workflow and application, and proxies are instantly ready for live streaming, editing, or sharing.
A wireless web interface is built in for live streaming and metadata input. The interface streams via an optional Panasonic AJ-WM30 wireless adapter, which connects to the recorder's USB port. The recorder also connects to a PC or mobile device to view live streams, recorded clips, and to customize metadata to your proxy recordings, and you can send the proxy clips directly from the PC or mobile device for instant sharing. You can also organize and catalog them for both production and cloud-based workflow. Included with the recorder is a desktop application -- the FS-PCS -- that synchronizes proxy clips to P2 clips and aggregates metadata with the camcorder's clips in preparation for post-production.
The recorder weighs only 5 oz and is about the size of a deck of cards. It attaches to the camcorder handle by a cold shoe mount, and it records more than 800 hours on a single 32GB SD/HC card. The shoe mount and SD/HC card are sold separately. A power supply and battery are included and either can be used. The battery lasts up to 3 hours on a single charge.
- HD/SD-SDI input with loop through
- Battery powered / 3 hours on a single charge
- Records .MOV proxy clips onto standard SD card, sold separately
- Displays contents list, including clip duration, via clip thumbnail
- Displays TEXT MEMO tagged to selected recoded clips
- Quick logging / screening of media with wireless web interface
- Proxy clips can be shared for instant off-line editing and streamed in 'breaking news' scenarios
- Produces information-rich metadata for archive
- Allows broader implementation of metadata in production areas