Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 12pm Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The 1 TB EZ Media & Backup Center from Iomega is a high-capacity, reliable home network storage drive that can be used to share and access files, photos, videos, and music between all your computers. It is powerful and fast with an easy, three-step set-up. The drive has a built-in UPnP AV Media Server (DLNA certified) and iTunes Server, so content can easily be shared between computers and any other digital media adapters such as game consoles, digital picture frames or networked TVs. Moreover, you can automatically post files to your Facebook, YouTube and Flickr accounts.
Ease of Use
• The 1 TB EZ Media & Backup Center is a powerful, fast and reliable home network storage drive. A simple three-step setup has the drive up and running in minutes. • It has a user friendly web-based management interface that is accessible in 16 supported languages.
Simple Content Sharing
• This drive allows you to access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing. • The Iomega Personal Cloud feature allows you to easily share content with friends and family outside your home. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. There is no need to email file attachments. • File distribution is made easy. You just need to drop files into a designated distribution folder. All those included on the distribution list will automatically receive an email with either the file itself or a link to download the files. • Whole home media aggregation: Easily consolidate all the media files on all your home computers to a single location and stream content to your media devices with Twonky Media.
Access from Anywhere
• You can access files from any web browser via Iomega Personal Cloud. • Stream media to your iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices while on the road. (Android app available in Q2 2012) • Upload and share files and folders directly from your iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices. (Android app available in Q2 2012)
Powerful Backup Functionality
• Full System Backup: The drive provides full system backup with Iomega QuikProtect for PC or Time Machine for Mac. Moreover, Apple users can easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine. • Personal Cloud Backup: You can copy data between personal cloud member systems and the EZ Media & Backup Center. • Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated third party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect Beta to replicate data from your EZ Media & Backup Center to your public cloud account. • Cloud Disaster Recovery: Utilize two or more EZ Media & Backup Center Drives in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
Social Media Sharing Made Easy
• You can have convenient folders that automatically integrate with your social media accounts. Multiple accounts are no problem - just create another folder for each account. Facebook: Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page. Flickr: Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo album. YouTube: Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel.
The drive features Gigabit Ethernet connectivity combined with a high performing Dual Core processor for superior performance.
Network File Protocols Supported
It supports CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, HTTP, HTTPS.
Built-in Audio Video Media Server - UPnP DLNA Certified
With the above feature, the drive provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3), audio bridges, iTunes players, picture frames and Iomega ScreenPlay products. You can create shared iTunes libraries to provide a central location for your music.
Replication/Device to Device Copy Jobs
• Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network. • Schedule jobs to run on a pre-determined schedule.
Digital Photography Tools
• Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP): No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port is possible. • Photo resize: Automatically resize photos to any lower resolution. • Watermark: Automatically add a watermark of your choice to photos as they are re-sized.
Email alerts provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer.
Torrent Download Manager
The Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
The drive runs cool and quiet with a fanless design. The drive spin-down feature allows you to conserve energy when the drive is idle. (User adjustable).
Add storage capacity by connecting to external USB Hard Disk Drives. The drive supports NTFS, HFS+, FAT32, and ext3 formatted hard drives.
It provides a single page view of device information and status.
The device is compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.
Total Data Protection
• The drive provides native security support with robust username and password authorized access. You can create additional users and secure their content with password protection. • User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user. • RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades.
Iomega Personal Cloud
• Synchronization: Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network. • Collaboration: Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations and word processing documents) especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate. • Sharing: Sending large files can quickly choke your company's e-mail system. Moreover, e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files. • Security: Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. Users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. • Backup: Keeping a second copy of your most valuable data (family pictures, insurance and financial data) in an offsite location ensures it is safe in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Using your Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center and another Iomega Personal Cloud device, you can set up scheduled copy jobs to duplicate data in another site. Jobs run in the background and can be scheduled after hours so your data is being protected while you sleep.
In the Box
Iomega 1 TB EZ Media & Backup Center
External Power Supply
Quick Installation Guide
3 Year Limited Warranty*
Note:*Product registration within 90 days of purchase
Table of Contents
USB 2.0 / AV
1 x RJ-45
Dual core CPU at 1.2 GHz with 128 MB DDR3
10/100/1000 Mbps (GbE) Ethernet port LAN
IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
9 Watts (max), 3 Watts (min)
100-240 V, AC
Windows PC, Mac OS, Linux
PC Users: Pentium 300 MHz processor or higher Must meet minimum RAM requirements for your operating system Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 (all versions - exclusive of XP 64 bit for Personal Cloud) Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.x Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required) Mac Users: Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.7 Apple Safari 3.0 browser or higher Must meet minimum RAM requirements for your operating system Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required) Linux Users: Redhat 9, Enterprise 4/5, Gentoo, Mandrake 10, Debian 4, FedoraCore 6/5, FedoraCore 5/6, OpenSUSE 10.3 Personal Cloud and Remote Access Requirements*: Internet connection Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) compatible router or administrative rights to port forward To implement Personal Cloud, the user must have the ability to expose a specific port to the Internet Recommended minimum sustained connection speeds for a good Personal Cloud experience- Download: 2.5 Mbps Upload: 500 Kbps To View User Manual: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox1.0, Apple Safari 1.2 or higher browser
*Personal Cloud is not compatible with Active Directory and XP 64-bit