The Sony HXR-NX30E camcorder is an ultra-compact, single sensor HD camcorder that records to European standards. This camera shoots Full HD at 50p/50i/25p and 720/50p, with user selectable compression choices and PAL SD video.
The imaging system consists of a Carl Zeiss 10x optical zoom lens and a single 1/2.88" Exmor CMOS sensor. The lens and image sensor are coupled and isolated from the camera body; this minimizes the effect of camera shake on the image. Sony refers to this as its Balanced Optical SteadyShot stabilizing system, and it has 2 different user selectable levels of stabilization. This differs from most camcorder image stabilization systems which are either on or off. A built-in projector provides a convenient way to project and view your footage from the camera without needing to connect an external projector to the camera.
The NX30E comes with 96GB of internal flash memory, which allows you to record over 7 hours of HD video at the camera's highest quality setting. The recording format uses the AVCHD Codec, capable of recording 1080/50p at up to 28 Mbps, as well more compressed data rates for longer recording times. With the NX30E it is possible to capture high resolution still photos while simultaneously shooting HD video. The HXR-NX30E comes with two XLR audio inputs and professional audio controls. The camera can use both SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards and Sony's Memory Stick Pro Duo cards. The camera also comes with an integrated color viewfinder and 3" color LCD monitor.
Ultra Wide-Angle 26 mm Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
1/2.88" ExmorR CMOS Image Sensor
Camera Controls and Functions
Full HD Video Capture
- The HXR-NX30E records HD video at resolutions and frame rates of 1080/50i, 25p, 720 50p as well as Standard Definition PAL.
- The camcorder can also shoot and record 1080/50p - 50 progressive frames per second. This setting provides images which are 2x slower than normal without the need to process 50i or 25p footage into slow motion.
- The NX30E can record high resolution still images with resolutions of up to 24.1 MP.
- It is also possible to take a still photo while simultaneously shooting HD video at the FH,HQ and LP quality setting, without interrupting the video recording.
Embedded Flash Memory
Memory Card Options
- The HXR-NX30E also comes with a built-in card slot that accepts both Memory Stick PRO Duo cards and SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, giving you flexibility in the choice of removable media you wish to use.
- The HXR-NX30E can also transfer footage directly from the internal Flash memory to optional removable media memory cards inserted in the camera's memory card slot.
USB 2.0 File Transfer and Charging
- The integrated USB cable can be used to directly transfer your footage from the internal Flash memory to an optional external FAT 32 formatted HDD without using a computer.
- The USB cable can also be used to allow the camera to access footage on an optional external hard drive for playback on an optional external monitor connected to the camera.
- Charging over the USB cable provides one minute of recording time for every two minutes of charging time.
- The USB cable tucks away into the handgrip when not needed.
- The audio interface is designed to be easy to use in the field, with default audio settings highlighted in green for easy reference.
- The included removable handle provides 2 XLR audio inputs with phantom power and professional signal attenuation options.
- Sony's ECM-XM1 directional shotgun mount is included and mounts to the removable handle, plugging into one of the XLR connectors.
- The camera comes with a built-in stereo microphone for recording sound when the handle is disconnected from the camera.
- The HXR-NX30E records audio as either HD Linear PCM/Dolby Digital 2ch, 16 bit 48kHz or STD Dolby Digital 2ch, 16 bit 48KHz.
Timecode / User Bit Recording & HDMI Embedded Timecode Output
Built-In Light for Video, NightShot or Flash for Stills
Built-In Projector to View Footage
Note: The projector only projects recorded footage.