Nikon's black 10-22x50 Aculon A211 Binoculars are ideal for hunters, birders, and avid outdoor enthusiasts who require a range of magnifications for wide-field and detailed observations in all light conditions.
This version is outfitted with large 50mm objectives to draw in copious amounts of light and ensure bright and clear views in challenging situations like at dawn or dusk, or when peering into dense underbrush. Anti-reflection multi-coated aspherical lenses, made with environmentally friendly Eco-Glass elements, complement the BAK4 Porro prism light path to deliver high-contrast images with enhanced depth of field without edge distortion, and accurate color fidelity.
The Aculon's sculpted rubber-armored housing is designed to fit comfortably into the observer's hand and provide a secure non-slip handling. A thoughtfully placed lever located next to the right eyepiece is easy to find with the thumb without having to take the binoculars away from the eyes—putting control of the 10-to-22x magnification range at the observer's fingertips. Their zoom range and large objectives make holding the A211 steady for long periods of time challenging, so Nikon includes a tripod adapter that allows them to easily mount onto a support system for hands-free use without the vibration, shake, and arm fatigue that can occur when holding powerful optics like this.
The combination of image quality and user-friendly design make the 10-22x50 Aculon A211 a natural option for intermediate- to long-range glassing.
- Wide 10-22x zoom magnification range provides wide views at low magnification, with the ability to make detailed observations of distant objects at high magnification
- Large 50mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability for bright and clear images, even in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk
- Traditional Porro prism light path produces a rich depth of field, allowing the user to discern the relative distances between objects in the view
- High refractive index BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Aspherical eyepiece lenses correct spherical aberration to produce clear and crisp images, with reduced edge distortion and astigmatism
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity and improve contrast and image brightness
- 199-foot field of view at 1000 yards, on 10x power
Use and Handling
- Ergonomically placed zoom lever allows you to adjust the zoom without removing the binoculars from your eyes, with a simple movement of the thumb
- Large slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate, even while wearing gloves
- Left-eye dioptric correction compensates for individual user's optical prescription for clearer and sharper views
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 8.6mm eye relief at 10x power
- Comfortable 5mm exit pupil at 10x will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light for a full and complete view without vignetting
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead and arsenic
- Black rubber armoring
- Ergonomically sculpted grips
- Tripod adapter included for hands-free use to eliminate the vibrations/shakes and arm fatigue that are common when holding high-power optics
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 33.9 ounces