Nikon's black 8x42 ProStaff 5 Binoculars are engineered to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with true color rendition across the entire field of view. Their 8x magnification brings subjects up close, but without the noticeable hand shake often associated with higher power optics, while the 42mm objectives boost the light-gathering ability to improve views in challenging light such as at dawn and dusk, or in foggy and cloudy weather. With the combination of optical coatings, a respectable angle of view, and comfortable eye relief, users can enjoy bright and clear views in most lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make these binoculars durable and comfortable to use. They have a lightweight and durable reinforced polycarbonate resin chassis, and are protected by black rubberized armor. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible, as well as resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as they hang around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
Whether you're hunting or birding, boating or watching your favorite team, this ProStaff will quickly become your go-to pair of binoculars for all observing needs.
- 8x power magnifies objects without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability without adding excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- 330' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Long 17.6mm eye relief helps to reduce eye strain and improves viewing comfort
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the full scene in view
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Indents on the sides of the optical tubes are ergonomically placed where the hands naturally fall for a more comfortable feel in the hand and a more secure grip
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 23 ounces