By B&H Photo's
Wide-Angle Pancake Prime
Begin your wide-angle journey with the E 20mm f/2.8 Lens from Sony, a super compact "pancake" lens designed for APS-C-format E-mount cameras where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- With its pancake design, the lens only extends 0.8" from the mount, resulting in a compact and lightweight camera system.
- Portable design makes this a go-to lens for everyday carry and street shooting needs and the wide-angle field of view presents a natural perspective for a variety of shooting applications.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in available lighting and also contributes to the sleek size and lightweight design.
Optics and Focusing
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- The lens uses a rear focusing design that contributes to faster autofocus performance as well as a minimum focus distance of 7.9".
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.