My MacBook (Mountain Lion Edition), 3rd ed. from Pearson Education and written by John Ray is a guide book for Apple MacBook.
This book has step-by-step instructions with callouts to MacBook photos that show you exactly what to do. You get help when you run into MacBook or OS X Mountain Lion problems or limitations and tips and notes to help you get the most from your MacBook with this book.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your
MacBook working just the way you want. The tasks include:
• Managing and arranging your desktop
• Staying on top of important changes with Notification Center
• Creating and navigating virtual workspaces in Mission Control
• Opening and organizing applications in Launchpad
• Accessing the Internet through wired, wireless, and cellular networks
• Joining and using iCloud services
• Communicating via email, instant messages, audio, and video
• Keeping in touch and on-time with Calendars and Contacts
• Being social with Facebook, Twitter, and Game Center
• Entertaining with music and videos
• Downloading and managing software from the App Store and other sources
• Sharing files, printers, and even scanners over your network connection
• Protecting and securing your data
• Recording video and sharing it instantly online
• Expanding your capabilities with peripheral devices
• Troubleshooting system problems
About the Author:
John Ray is a life-long fan of Apple's products; he has been an avid Mac user since its inception in 1984. He relies on OS X both at work and at home because it is a robust, flexible platform for programming, networking, and design. Over the past 14 years, John has written books on OS X, iOS and OS X development, Linux, web development, networking, and computer security. He currently manages the application development team in the Office of Sponsored Programs at The Ohio State University. He lives with his long-time girlfriend, their dogs, a collection of vintage arcade games, and an assortment of tech toys.