Windows 8 Absolute Beginner's Guide from Pearson Education and written by Paul Sanna is a complete guide to Windows 8.
This book is a great way to take control of Windows 8, and use it to create, connect, and discover, simplify and organize your whole life. Even if you've never used Windows 8 before, this book will show you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time.
Who knew how simple Windows 8 could be? This is an easy and practical beginner's guide to navigating Windows 8-whether from a desktop, notebook, or tablet, with simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want to do.
• Discover Windows 8's whole new approach to running a computer
• Run Windows 8 the way that's easiest for you: mouse, touch, or keyboard
• Find and use the old Windows Desktop along with all your favorite Windows XP and 7 programs
• Get online with Internet Explorer 10 and master its new tools and shortcuts
• Set up your home network, printer, and other devices
• Master quick, easy new ways to use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Safeguard your personal information and keep it private
• Enjoy all your digital photos, videos, movies, and music
• Connect with anyone through email, messaging, and video chat
• Discover and play new Windows 8 games, and use Windows to control your Xbox 360
• Manage even the most gigantic collections of data and media
• Automatically back up your information to external drives, DVDs, or Microsoft SkyDrive
• Fix problems, protect yourself from viruses, and keep Windows 8 working reliably
About the Author:
Paul Sanna is the author of almost two dozen computer books on topics such as Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, and Windows security. He has extensive experience working with and explaining pre-release versions of Windows. He currently advises his clients on software decisions, both for the desktop and for large business projects.
Paul is a computer guy and has been writing about computers since his first literary agent said to him many years ago, "I didn't know Boston University had an English program," and "Have you heard of this Windows 95 thing?" Mr. Sanna has worked in the IT field his entire career, building software, selling high tech, helping customers understand how to be successful with technology, and helping to market breakthrough analytics technology. His home with his family is in Charlotte, NC. Go Gamecocks!