The Vidpro XM-55 is a battery-powered shotgun microphone with a complete bundle of accessories designed for indoor and outdoor recording with HDSLRs, camcorders, field recorders, handheld recorders, and more. The supercardioid polar pattern yields enhanced off-axis signal rejection and focused frontal pickup while the 100 Hz to 16 kHz frequency response provides tonality tailored for intelligible voice reproduction.
The XM-55 includes an adjustable shockmount, a stand mount, and thread adapters to accommodate mounting to a mic stand, boompole, tripod, or camera shoe. It also includes a furry windshield for outdoor shoots, a foam windscreen for indoor recording, and a cushioned hand grip for convenient handheld operation.
A single AA battery (included) powers the XM-55, so no phantom power is required. Thanks to the supplied cables and jack adapter, the mic's XLR output can be connected to devices equipped with XLR, 3.5mm, or 1/4" inputs. The foam-padded hardshell case enables safe and easy transport between gigs.
- Ideal for interviews, film shoots, promo videos, and ambient sound capture
- Durable aluminum-alloy construction
- Ultralightweight at just 3.5 ounces
- Supercardioid polar pattern offers enhanced off-axis signal attenuation and focused audio pickup
- 100 Hz to 16 kHz frequency response for voice-tailored audio reproduction
- Powered via a single AA battery (included)
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output
- Three cables—one 26' XLR, one 16" XLR, and one 16" XLR to 3.5mm—and a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter for connection to your camera, camcorder, or audio recorder
- Adjustable shockmount and stand mount with adapters for 5/8" (mic stand), 3/8" (boompole), 1/4" (tripod), and camera shoe-mount applications
- Furry windshield for outdoor recording
- Foam windscreen for indoor recording
- Cushioned hand grip for convenient handheld operation
- Foam-padded hardshell carry case