The DCI 8/300 DriveCore Install Analog Series from Crown Audio is an 8-channel amplifier capable of producing 300 watts of output per channel and works with 2, 4, 8, and 16 Ohms or 70 or 100 Vrms. Channels can be bridged for powering higher power applications such as a subwoofer. The 8/300 also has channel-independent high- or low-impedance output that is selectable from the rear-panel DIP switches. This allows you to integrate the amplifier into a variety of different setups. Each of its 8 channels additionally features independent attenuators with an attenuation range from 0 to -80 dB.
The front panel of the 8/300 provides a series of system indicators, including level and signal, ready, clip, thermal, and fault alerts for quick visual monitoring of the system. The unit can be integrated into a control system for powering on and off as well as engaging its sleep mode for saving energy when not in use. The 8/300 is 2U rackmountable and ships with 8 male connectors for wiring and an IEC power cord.
- Based on Crown's proprietary and patented DriveCore technology, these amplifiers are the next generation of PWM technology using cutting edge Class-D amplifier topologies
- Minimum Guaranteed Power Ratings: Delivers at least the rated power in the specifications over a long period of time
- Direct Drive "constant voltage" capabilities on a channel by channel basis for 70 Vrms or 100 Vrms amplification without the use of a step-up frequency limiting transformer for higher audio quality
- Powersave: Includes an auto-standby mode where after 30 minutes of no audio input, the amplifier powers down and consumes less than 1W; this feature can be enabled and disabled via the back-panel DIP switches
- Advanced PFC universal power supply provides efficiency and is designed to deliver maximum power no matter where the amplifier is located; universal AC input accepts 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (±10%)
- Aux Port: Provides additional flexibility for amplifiers to be integrated in control systems for remote on/off and amplifier fault monitoring
- DriveCore includes five patents that are also included in Crown’s flagship I-Tech touring amplifier
- Cooling System: Focuses airflow on parts that need it most, maximizing efficiency while minimizing heat and noise