The angled-viewing Endeavor HD 15-45x65 Spotting Scope from Vanguard combines a nitrogen-filled magnesium housing and a fully multi-coated optical path to create a well-equipped zoom optic for intermediate- to long-range observation. Vanguard gave the Endeavor HD series an extra-low dispersion (ED) lens system and phase-corrected BAK4 prisms, which maximize light transmission and produce color-faithful images that are rich with contrast.
This version of the Endeavor HD spotting scope includes a 15-45x zoom eyepiece featuring a rubber zoom dial. A 1:3 zoom ratio and 2.7-1.3° angle of view complement the eyepiece's long 19mm eye relief and rubber eyecup, which help to provide additional viewing comfort for long-duration observations.
In addition to the image quality and weather-sealed construction, the Endeavor HD includes several features that enhance the scope's functionality. A stacked dual-focus mechanism enables the observer to make fine- and coarse-focus adjustments. The tripod mounting foot has a standard 1/4"-20 socket and is compatible with Vanguard tripods that accept the universal mounting shoe. An integrated sunshade and included custom-fit raincoat carrying case help to make the Endeavor HD a full-featured spotting scope for outdoor use.
- 15-45x magnification, 65mm objective
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements, BAK4 prisms
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 2.7-1.3° angle of view
- 14.7-foot close focus distance (at 15x)
Use and Handling
- Angled-viewing eyepiece is inclined 45° from the objective lens
- Separate coarse / fine focus controls
- Interchangeable eyepiece mount
- Tripod mounting foot
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof / waterproof housing
- Magnesium body with textured rubber armor
- Built-in sunshield