The Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K features a Super 35mm sized image sensor with a global shutter and a Canon EF lens mount. The camera is capable of recording Ultra HD 4K (3840x2160) and 1080p video using the 10-bit Apple ProRes 422 family of codecs, as well as the visually lossless, compressed 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW at 4000x2160 resolution. The built-in recorder utilizes removable 2.5" SSDs, which enable the high data rates required by RAW and 880Mbps ProRes HQ. The camera's ability to expose for 12 stops of dynamic range lends the image a truly film-like look, and the Super 35mm (21.12 x 11.88mm) sized sensor approximates the standard of traditional film.
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K retains the beautifully crafted design and machined aluminum chassis of the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Much like its predecessor, this camera features a 5" touchscreen LCD display with 800 x 480 resolution, which enables monitoring and playback as well as an efficient means for navigating the menu and entering metadata. The camera also includes a full license for DaVinci Resolve color grading software and UltraScope for live scopes via a Thunderbolt connection.
- Includes DaVinci Resolve color grading software and UltraScope
- FOCUS button turns the peaking display on and off
- IRIS button adjusts iris settings when used with a compatible EF mount lens
- Integrated mono microphone
- Mono speaker
- Three 1/4"-20 UNC threaded mounting points on the top of the camera
- One 1/4"-20 UNC threaded tripod mount with locator pin on the bottom