The passive JBL SCS 12 is a two-way spatially cued cinema ceiling surround speaker designed for ceiling surround applications in immersive systems. The speaker requires a 400W peak amplifier to drive the coaxial 12" woofer and 1" compression driver, which combine to provide a frequency range of 55 Hz to 20 kHz (±3) with a peak SPL of 128 dB at 3.3'.
Component features include a Kevlar-reinforced low-frequency cone for reliability, a well-damped surround edge for smooth frequency response, a high-temperature 3" voice coil, and reduced distortion through saturated-gap magnet geometry. The high-frequency compression driver features a patented, high-temperature polymer diaphragm with fluid cooling for high output levels and low distortion. The thick ABS and fiberglass enclosure are heavily braced to maximize low-frequency performance. The JBL SCS 12 includes a heavy-duty U-type mounting bracket.
- Easy mounting system and ideal coverage allows for the SCS 12 to be a great choice of loudspeaker for ceiling surround applications in immersive systems
- 400-watt power handling (2-hour AES, average continuous pink noise) and high sensitivity provide high SPL capability
- Consistent 100 x 100° broadband pattern coverage
- Clear cinema surround with extended frequency response for special effects
- 12" woofer with Kevlar-reinforced cone and a 3" voice coil
- 1" exit compression driver with patented design and high-temperature polymer diaphragm
- 70 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Coaxial 2-way design with high-power passive crossover network
- Overload protection