The Singh-Ray 55mm I-Ray 830 Infrared Filter is designed to help capture images of how a subject reflects or transmits infrared light.
Infrared light waves occupy the space in the electromagnetic spectrum behind visible light due to their longer wavelengths. Many surfaces and materials react to, or emit infrared light waves differently than visible light waves, which provide the potential for photographs of subjects or subject properties that are otherwise invisible to the human eye. Such images require an infrared-sensitive medium such as infrared film or a digital photographic sensor which may be more effective when used without the infrared-blocking filters that are frequently built over them.
Conventional light sources such as the sun, photographic strobes, or incandescent lighting may be used to provide infrared illumination. However, because infrared films or digital photographic sensors can be more sensitive to the relatively higher energy and shorter-wavelength visible light those sources also emit, the effects of infrared light can be otherwise obscured. The Singh-Ray 55mm I-Ray 830 Infrared Filter makes it possible to capture images of how subjects are illuminated by infrared light by blocking near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light waves while allowing infrared light waves 750nm or greater into the lens it is mounted onto.
This filter is constructed from optical glass and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- Designed for use with infrared film or digital camera sensors by filtering out near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light
- Allows 90% of infrared light waves beginning at 750nm to pass through
- Effective for infrared films or other media sensitive to infrared wavelengths 750nm to 1200nm
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- 4000x filter factor reduces exposure by 12 stops
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy filter ring with 55mm front filter threads
- Leatherette pouch with microfiber interior for storage and transport