The Singh-Ray 130 x 130mm I-Ray Infrared Filter is designed to help capture images of how a subject reflects or transmits infrared light.
Infrared light waves occupy the space in the electromagnetic spectrum behind visible light due to their longer wavelengths. Many surfaces and materials react to or emit infrared light waves differently than visible light waves, which provide the potential for photographs of subjects or subject properties that are otherwise invisible to the human eye. Such images require an infrared-sensitive medium such as infrared film or a digital photographic sensor which may be more effective when used without the infrared-blocking filters that are frequently built over them.
Conventional light sources such as the sun, photographic strobes, or incandescent lighting may be used to provide infrared illumination. However, because infrared films or digital photographic sensors can be more sensitive to the relatively higher energy and shorter-wavelength visible light those sources also emit, the effects of infrared light can be otherwise obscured. The Singh-Ray I-Ray Infrared Filter makes it possible to capture images of how subjects are illuminated by infrared light by blocking near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light waves while allowing infrared light waves 750nm or greater into the lens it is mounted onto.
Singh-Ray rectangular filters are constructed from high-quality CR-39 optical resin for notable image quality and clarity. This filter measures 5.1 x 5.1" / 130 x 130mm and is compatible with Cokin X-Pro filter holders.
- Designed for use with infrared film or digital camera sensors by filtering out near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light
- Allows 90% of infrared light waves beginning at 750nm to pass through
- Effective for infrared films or other media sensitive to infrared wavelengths 750nm to 1,200nm
- Constructed from CR-39 optical resin for clarity
- 2x to 4x filter factor reduces exposure by 1 to 2 stops
- Compatible with Cokin X-Pro filter holders
- Protective pouch with microfiber interior for storage and transport