The 48TB Vess R2600iS 3U 16-Bay Unified Storage Solution from Promise Technology consolidates both block and file storage onto a single platform, providing SMBs an effective way to meet performance goals while simplifying administration and adding flexibility. The high availability active-active Vess R2600 is designed for data-intensive industries, including midsize to large-scale surveillance installations or cloud data centers where downtime is unacceptable and where large external storage capacity, support for on-demand expansion, long retention periods, and reliable high bandwidth throughput are a must.
The Vess R2600iS conveniently allows users to select an operation mode optimized for video surveillance or for generic IT environments, delivering customized performance, and expandable capacity for multiple storage requirements, including unstructured data, archiving, and cloud data centers. With innovative features like Perfect Rebuild, which can reduce the time required to rebuild an array by more than 400%, the Vess R2600iS delivers the performance and reliability you demand for your application.
Simplicity and ease of use are absolutely crucial for SMBs with limited IT resources. The Vess R2600iS is designed specifically with SMBs in mind as it features One Plug Auto Service (OPAS) to reduce maintenance complexity and streamline an easier tech support workflow. Simply plug in a USB drive and the user can retrieve information about the system for tech support, upgrade firmware, reset passwords, and much more.
The Vess R2600iS’s new CacheGuard Data Protection features, HDD cache backup, and advanced battery flash backup, go that extra mile to ensure your data is safe in case of power loss. Delivering protection of HDD cache data and RAID controller write cache content beyond the standard 72 hours window, you can be rest assured knowing your data is protected even when disaster strikes.
- Dynamic solution optimized for video surveillance
- Unified storage streamlines administration & adds flexibility
- Designed to meet the growing challenge of unstructured data
- Cutting edge redundant, high capacity archiving solution
- Support for on demand expansion, for cloud data centers
- Fiber Channel 8 Gb/s, iSCSI 1 Gb/s, & 10 Gb/s host connect ports
- Supports 6 & 3 Gb/s SAS & SATA drives simultaneously
- Scale up to 112 hard disk drives via Vess J2000 series expansion units
- Supports hot swapping of drives
Data Protection Features
- Predictive Data Migration (PDM)
- Support volume copy
- Zero penalty cache mirroring
- PerfectRebuild - Reduced rebuild time
- Hard disk cache protection
- Asymmetric LUN unit access (ALUA)
- PerfectFlash - Non-disruptive image update
- Advanced battery flash backup
- Compact and lightweight system design
- Efficient 80PLUS certified power supply
- Embedded power consumption module
- Full levels of intelligent power management MAID 2.0
- Energy savings on power scheduling