Capture brilliant photos and Full HD 1080i video of parrot fish, moray eels, and coral reefs with Sea & Sea's MDX-D7100 Underwater Housing for the Nikon D7100 or D7200 DSLR camera. It has a depth rating of 330', and features a built-in leak sensor that immediately alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal. Dual fiber-optic ports enable the attachment of optional external strobes via cables, and both TTL and manual flash exposure are possible with the purchase of the Optical YS Converter N (#50126). Additional strobes can be triggered as slave units.
The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls; bracketing, preview, and function buttons are inaccessible. The multi-selector is designed the same way as the camera's, and you can comfortably reach it without taking your hand off the grip. Pressing the multi-selector allows you to change AF areas and focus points.
Built for durability, especially resistance to corrosion, the housing is constructed from precision-machined, anodized aluminum. It ships without a required lens port, and accepts one of several interchangeable ports for wide-angle, macro, and zoom lenses. For complete compatibility details, please see the System Chart.
The MDX-D7100 features a 0.5x optical viewfinder and is compatible with the optional VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x prism viewfinders. Additionally, the housing's accessory port enables HDMI output.
- Depth rating: 330'
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you in the unlikely event of water ingress, so you can get back to the surface right away
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Provides access to virtually all camera functions, including all essential ones, via mechanical push-buttons, knobs/dials, and levers; bracketing, preview and function buttons are inaccessible
- Multi-selector is designed the same way as the camera's, and you can comfortably reach it without taking your hand off the grip
- Pressing the multi-selector allows you to change AF areas and focus points
- Camera's built-in flash can be activated and deactivated from the housing, except when the accessory light-shielding plate is in place
- Features a 0.5x optical viewfinder
- Compatible with the optional VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x prism viewfinders, which allow you to see the entire field of view
- Made from durable, precision-machined, anodized aluminum for corrosion resistance
- Dual die-cast aluminum grips are mounted without threads, in order to facilitate easy transportation, mounting, and removal
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts interchangeable ports for various wide-angle, zoom, and macro lenses
- For complete details, see the System Chart linked above
- Port lock can be activated from outside the housing, meaning the port can be replaced without opening the housing
- Activation from inside the housing is also possible
- MDX-D7100 features a lens-lock release button, which allows you to replace the lens without opening the housing
External Strobe Use
- Dual fiber-optic ports allow for connection of optional external strobes via L-type fiber-optic cables
- Both TTL and manual flash exposure are possible
- Optical YS Converter N (#50126), an optional component, connects directly to the camera's hot shoe and changes the camera's TTL signal to a light signal
- YS Converter enables strobe triggering via fiber-optic connection--without requiring the camera's built-in flash to fire. This allows for rapid firing and reduced recycle time. The YS Converter / N 5-pin connector (#50123) is required
- With the addition of the optional sync cord 2-pin connector, a sync cord can be used instead of a fiber-optic cable for strobe attachment
Mounting and Connectivity
- Has a mount for connection to a tripod
- Supplied quick shoe makes easy work of installing and removing your camera
- Equipped with an accessory port, which can be used for HDMI output