This 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head from Manfrotto includes an integrated Arca-type clamp and a MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate. Arca-type compatible quick release plates such as the MSQ6PL can be attached or removed from the Arca-type clamp located at the top of the ball-and-socket joint by tightening or loosening the clamp's locking knob. Within the recessed surface between the clamp's jaws is a retaining pin. This pin prevents an installed quick release plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened.
The 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head with MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate features a ball-and-socket joint that utilizes pressurized fluid, which helps to provide a 35.3 lb load capacity and an easy-to-tighten locking mechanism. By loosening the 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head's primary locking knob, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. An additional knob set within that locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Along the opposite side of the ball head, a secondary locking knob controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate which, measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4".
- 35.3 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Easy-to-tighten hydrostatic ball-and-socket joint that utilizes pressurized fluid, which helps maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility while enhancing load capacity
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Dual, ball-and-socket joint notches enable two-sided tilt capability
- Integrated Arca-type clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with Arca-type quick-release plates
- Retaining pin on the clamp prevents a quick release plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Two bubble levels for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
- Compatible with Arca-type quick release clamps
- Measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4"
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction