This 057 Magnesium Ball Head from Manfrotto features an integrated Arca-type clamp and a MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate. Arca-type compatible quick release plates can be attached or removed from the clamp by tightening or loosening the clamp's locking knob. Within the recessed surface between the clamp's jaws is a retaining pin, which prevents an installed quick release plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened.
The 057 Magnesium Ball Head with MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 33.1 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening the 057's primary locking knob, its ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Toward the ball head's base is a secondary locking knob that controls the ability to rotate the head 360°. An additional knob opposite the secondary locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Finally, a two-position slide-switch at the base of the ball-and-socket joint allows it to be tilted down to either a 90° or a 103° angle before it is locked into place using the primary locking knob. The ability to tilt the ball-and-socket joint down to angle beyond 90° can be used to quickly level a camera placed on this 057 Magnesium Ball Head without having to adjust the tripod the ball head is connected to.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate, which measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4".
057 Magnesium Ball Head
- 33.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° or 103° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated Arca-type clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with Arca-type quick-release plates
- Retaining pin on the clamp prevents a quick release plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Two-position slide-switch at the base of the ball-and-socket joint allows it to be tilted down to either a 90° or a 103° angle before it is locked into place using the primary locking knob
- Two bubble levels for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Arca-type quick release clamps
- Measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4"
- 1/4"-20 mount