Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 12pm Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The Iomega ix2 2-Bay Storage Array from LenovoEMC features two bays capable of holding both 2.5" and 3.5" internal hard disk and solid state drives. This storage array packs the necessary hardware allowing you to configure your drives to suit a variety of needs. The 1.6GHz Marvell 6282 processor and 256MB of RAM ensure efficient flow of data to and from the drives.
Integrated network connectivity through the Gigabit Ethernet port allows you to connect this storage array to a LAN making your data accessible from nearly anywhere you have an Internet connection via web browser or through compatible iOS and Android devices. Your data is also accessible via built-in cloud based applications including LenovoEMC Atmos Cloud Connector and Personal Cloud, Mozy, and Amazon S3.
This diskless storage array also supports a variety of RAID configurations including RAID 0, 1, JBOD allowing you to configure your drives to suit your needs. Once the drives are configured you can take advantage of the many features this storage array provides.
As with many storage arrays it is essential to be able to copy and replicate data. The integrated USB port found on this array ensure you can easily copy files to and from nearly any USB attached drive immediately or on a predetermined schedule. You can also utilize the wake-on-LAN feature ensuring this array can be woken up remotely allowing you to access your data when you need it most.
Ease of Use
• Three step setup - Plug the Lenovo NAS device into your router, power on, and download the integrated LenovoEMC Storage Manager Software.
• User friendly web-based management interface accessible in 17 supported languages.
• Software Compatibility: Compatible with a variety of backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.
Simple Content Sharing
• Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
• Share content outside of your home location using LenovoEMC Personal Cloud Feature. Invited guests will have read and write access to files and folders on your network drive.
• Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
• LenovoEMC Link gives you a direct link to your ix2 via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and copy content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (Download app from iTunes or Android Market)
• Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature allows for easy selecting and sharing of digital pictures on the web.
Powerful Backup & Restore Functionality
• With Apple Time Machine Support users running Mac OS X can easily create system backups.
• LenovoEMC Personal Cloud Backup synchronizes data between Personal Cloud member systems and the ix2.
• PC backup with True Image Lite 2013 protects content and recovers lost data
• Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or Mozy to replicate data from your ix2 to your public account.
• Copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network shared drive including LenovoEMC Personal Cloud locations using the rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
• Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
• Configuration backup and restore allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and share names and permissions.
Advanced Disk and Power Management
• Automatic hard drive spin-down assures the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
• Uninterruptible power supply support enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
• System status offers consolidated resources on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
• SMART Hard Drive Monitor continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the ix2.
• Email alerts and even logging provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the ix2.
• Mindtree SecureMind VSMS Software
- One free camera license included, supports up to 4 cameras. (Additional license available for purchase)
- Built in support for hundreds of popular IP cameras
- Record, store and manage surveillance video
- Support for high-definition, configurable resolution and frame rate settings, e-mail alerts, and secure access.
• Axis Video Hosting (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
• Stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices via the built-in audio video media server.
• Create shared iTunes libraries to provide a central location for music.
• Social media sharing is made easy with folders that automatically integrate with multiple social media accounts
- Facebook: Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page.
- Flickr: Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo album.
- YouTube: Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel.
• The ix2 manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC via the torrent download manager.
• Digital photography tools include picture transfer protocol for no touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port. Photo resize automatically resizes photos to a specified resolution. Watermaker automatically adds a watermark of your choosing to photos as they are re-sized.
Advanced Business Features
• Active Directory support functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the ix2 to utilize the domain users and groups.
• iSCSI target provides block-level access for efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email applications performance. iSCSI can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
• Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/write on FAT32, NTFS, ext2/ext3/ext4, or HFS+ formatted drives.
• Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
• Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMC system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on an ix2 from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
• Native security support with username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
• Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
In the Box
LenovoEMC Iomega ix2 2-Bay Storage Array
Printed Quick Start Guide
Service and Support
Limited 3-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Table of Contents
Number of Users
Up to 25 users
1.6GHz Marvell 6282 CPU
2 x 3.5" HDD bays
RAID 1, 0, JBOD
1 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps (GbE) Ethernet port
1 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, UPS or Bluetooth dongle)
100-240 V AC
Max: 25 W
Min: 6 W (drives spun down)
Peak: 40 W for 2s
(Values represent a fully loaded device with the highest capacity HDD. Values may vary with other configurations.)
User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish
Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
VMware vSphere ESX 5.1 iSCSI and NAS
XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS
• Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 (all versions - exclusive of XP 64 bit for Personal Cloud)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.x, Chrome 9 or later browser
• Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required)
• Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.8
• Firefox 3.x; Safari 4, Chrome 9 or later browser
• Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required)
• Supported Linux distributions: Redhat Enterprise 6, Ubuntu 11, OpenSUSE 11.4, other compatible Linux versions
• Network adapter 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Personal Cloud and Remote Access Specific Requirements
• Internet connection
• Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) compatible router or administrative rights to port forward
• To implement Personal Cloud, the user must have the ability to expose a specific port to the internet
• Recommended minimum sustained connection speeds for a good Personal Cloud experience
• Download: 2.5 Mbit/s
• Upload: 500Kbit/s
• Personal Cloud is not compatible with Active Directory
• Personal Cloud is not compatible with XP 64 bit